• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the great pattern showing up on the models around D7-14, it would be nice if we could at least get some fantasy snow in the RDU area. Instead, the best we can do is ZR, it seems. I’m intrigued, but I want to see some fantasy snow still. It’s hard to be optimistic after the last couple winters.

Yes, if the models aren't showing anything then we don't have a shot at all. We often don't get exactly what the models are showing, but they have to at least be showing some snow here to even have hope of getting it. All I see so far for here is a repeat of this past weekend's system.

Trending warmer for north Alabama next week in no storm within 7 days smh pretty bad when people hype snow n cold and this is what we get

Good god this place is dreadful. The pattern looks loaded and you really can’t ask for much more at this point. Question is will it pull a Tom Brady and score us a big game win? Or will it go the way of Phil Rivers and choke when it matters most? So far in northern Tennessee we are winning our regular season games but now the playoffs are about to begin. Lol

Good god this place is dreadful. The pattern looks loaded and you really can’t ask for much more at this point. Question is will it pull a Tom Brady and score us a big game win? Or will it go the way of Phil Rivers and choke when it matters most? So far in northern Tennessee we are winning our regular season games but now the playoffs are about to begin. Lol
I'd be excited too if the models were showing feet instead of 0.2

Talk about mood killer. ?
View attachment 69999
Check out that historic cold with highs in the low 40s and lows in the low to mid 20s. Bone chilling cold we haven’t seen in days!!!!!

In all seriousness, I do wonder how those forecasts are made? I think they are automated, but they never seem to follow any model per se. I’d guess they are a blend of NWP models with some sort of MOS and revision towards average included as the forecast goes into the future, but I really don’t know. Whatever the case, those forecasts are garbage, LOL.

I'd be excited too if the models were showing feet instead of 0.2

Brick-Tamland.gif

I'm thinking about starting a thread this week for the potential for historic cold late next weekend into next week.

I just noticed that Atlanta hit -8 with the Jan 1985 cold wave. If the top analog for this upcoming cold is Jan 1985 does that mean Atlanta has a chance at getting below 0 again ? It would be crazy if somehow Atlanta got to -10 to break their all time record.

Yeah, but we gotta build that snowpack up north as a tablesetter for us to get a storm, or something. modernweenie

The wave after the wave after the wave will deliver! Long live Fab Feb!!!
I think on the bright side it's possible things trend better for us but quickly glancing at the EPS individual members there wasn't a massive % of good runs for us. I mean if I lived in TN, the NC mountains, most of VA, the northern parts of Al/MS/Ga, even the upstate I would be pumped but the 12z runs from RDU to CAE to MCN to BHM were meh. Rain, cold, rain

I think on the bright side it's possible things trend better for us but quickly glancing at the EPS individual members there wasn't a massive % of good runs for us. I mean if I lived in TN, the NC mountains, most of VA, the northern parts of Al/MS/Ga, even the upstate I would be pumped but the 12z runs from RDU to CAE to MCN to BHM were meh. Rain, cold, rain

I guess the good thing is when we usually do get snow here it happens when the models gradually get better each day instead of showing a good storm a week out. But for now it looks like a repeat of this past weekend's system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the good thing is when we usually do get snow here it happens when the models gradually get better each day instead of showing a good storm a week out. But for no wit looks like a repeat of this past weekend's system.
The good thing is most systems are what 5+ days out so plenty of time to change. I'm not trying to diminish the excitement or takeaway from those that just had a pants erupting 12z model cycle, I am just saying it's really disappointing to sit here with 0 on the models and have to say oh joy potential, good for everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back