• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing is most systems are what 5+ days out so plenty of time to change. I'm not trying to diminish the excitement or takeaway from those that just had a pants erupting 12z model cycle, I am just saying it's really disappointing to sit here with 0 on the models and have to say oh joy potential, good for everyone else!

I agree. I can't get on the hype train some folks are crazy about right now.

I agree. I can't get on the hype train some folks are crazy about right now.
I mean the hype isn't unfounded and it's going to be a mega pattern for some. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again, I think we get the cold but I'm not certain this works for us

It was 2017 I think, but the GFS had -10 forecast for Raleigh up to the night it was supposed to happen . We dropped to 9.

We would have to be cloudy I think I'd love to see it happen but I'm not sure its realistic
Some people are just evil smh. That’s death right there . Don’t make me add you to the drought list this summer with fro! Nah I like you, I can’t do that. You are still on the daily thunderstorm list .

Sun activity low, PDO going more negative , super nina maybe next winter .

My Astrometeorology prediction : Very warm winters coming up this decade in the south east, global cooling overall across the northern hemisphere . Finally , enter little ice age with intense cold period 2030-2060. Finally an end to this “ global warming “ sham. I’m telling y’all 110%! Similar to the 1960-1990 cold period but more intense , we will see agriculture across the plains fail ( the 70s saw a massive pull back in where things were planted as things were cold). Could make for some tough times next few decades .

US breadbasket more limited , burgeoning African population , massive drought across sahel similar to 80s as less moisture in air... biggest migrant caravans to Europe ever . Doesn’t look good . Better hope for warmth folks .

I'm not going to believe we're going to have a good shot at single digits unless models are in agreement on it as we get closer. Subzero temperatures around here are extremely rare, we could have gotten below 0 in January 2018 if we didn't get dry slotted during that storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back