• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will too but we are getting the cold. Saw projections of a record la nina next winter. Warmest winter ever incoming next year.
Actually I read Theodore White's page (astrometeorologist, aka Accumetweather) and he says the 2021-22 winter is going to be a polar vortex winter, and will be long and cold. IDK.

Actually I read Theodore White's page (astrometeorologist, aka Accumetweather) and he says the 2021-22 winter is going to be a polar vortex winter, and will be long and cold. IDK.
My post was totally tongue in cheek though the projections for the record strong Nina were not. We should go ahead and fire up a thread for next winter!

This cold blast has trended very far east. Now it looks like the western parts of the south miss out. It went from coming down over Minnesota to now over the UP region of Michigan. That's weird, but the western parts of the south are more due for cold than any other region. Couple more shifts like that and it will look like last weeks PV press where only the northeast got cold.
2665F182-367D-4061-AE90-095BDA9BA436.gif

What, have you not noticed run by run it has been digging less south and more southeast. Could be another northeast NC is cold SW NC is not deal. The Gfs has a rather climo unfavored solution with the bottom of the trough happening right over the apps, and no moderating at all as it goes east over NC. It completely mutes the mountains, air wants to take the path with least resistance but the Gfs completely ignores that.

gfs_z500aNorm_us_fh150-168.gif

Last edited:
What, have you not noticed run by run it has been digging less south and more southeast. Could be another northeast NC is cold SW NC is not deal. The Gfs has a rather climo unfavored solution with the bottom of the trough happening right over the apps, and no moderating at all as it goes east over NC. It completely mutes the mountains, air wants to take the path with least resistance but the Gfs completely ignores that

View attachment 69812
Meh FE8CD5AE-4EE3-4866-A764-6D92B1FB8669.gifA08CA853-1B13-4EFB-A86C-665EC597C3F2.gifbut that could actually be a good thing, if you get the TPV north to a point where it delivers cold, but can also allow some overrunning

Meh View attachment 69814View attachment 69815but that could actually be a good thing, if you get the TPV north to a point where it delivers cold, but can also allow some overrunning
Thats good for less people though, id be sweating a bit if I lived in Alabama/Miss. The way it digs is less favorable on these newer runs, needs to dig south further west for them instead of digging southeast across Indiana, wv,apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back