• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senior. 5 AP classes and college search doesn't help. I can't figure out how to relax
Yeah, same for me. I've dealt with severe anxiety problems, and have had doctor's appointments because of them. I'm sick of Zoom. I was in a very happy place last year, and while I don't consider myself an extravert, but I have basically lost all contact of a relationship with anyone outside of my immediate family. It's a sad thing to think about that there are people worse off than us though.

High school sucked for me. I got picked on and didn't really fit in well. I was also a little lazy and impatient....kinda always wanted to get to the next thing. I didn't have to study hard and settled for mostly Bs with some As and a few Cs thrown in there.

But here's what I would say to you or anyone else. Education is important. It becomes even more important if your desired career path has certain prerequisites or qualifications and certifications. But more importantly than that, learn how to live life contently. Enjoy the now. Before you know it, you'll be watching your son or daughter go off to high school. Enjoy the now.

Learn self-reliance. Learn how to manage your finances. Learn how to interact with others, even those that are challenging. Learn how to work through difficult situations or problems. Don't ever be afraid, ashamed or too prideful to ask for help. At the end of the day, be yourself. You don't need to impress anyone. Follow your heart and your dreams, even if it is the difficult road. Don't shy away from difficultly, because through difficultly comes wisdom, endurance, and self-confidence. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't accomplish. Just go and do it. Don't make excuses.

Love God. Love your family. Love your friends. Build networks. Step outside of your comfort zone. Learn from others. And help others. Most importantly, help others where you can.

But at the end of the day, you are here right now. Enjoy the time, even the hard stuff. Don't let stress rob you of that. Don't feel pressure to always be busy and to overreach. Enjoy the here and now. And cherish each moment, because they'll never come again.
This is probably my biggest issue when it comes to stress. I am always looking ahead

Yeah, same for me. I've dealt with severe anxiety problems, and have had doctor's appointments because of them. I'm sick of Zoom. I was in a very happy place last year, and while I don't consider myself an extravert, but I have basically lost all contact of a relationship with anyone outside of my immediate family. It's a sad thing to think about that there are people worse off than us though.
Hey man I’ll come to Burlington and we can , we’ll ain’t much to do in Burlington really but there is the nearby cane creek mountain we could hike . @Myfrotho704_ and @SD said they will come hang out too!

But here's what I would say to you or anyone else. Education is important. It becomes even more important if your desired career path has certain prerequisites or qualifications and certifications. But more importantly than that, learn how to live life contently. Enjoy the now. Before you know it, you'll be watching your son or daughter go off to high school. Enjoy the now.

Learn self-reliance. Learn how to manage your finances. Learn how to interact with others, even those that are challenging. Learn how to work through difficult situations or problems. Don't ever be afraid, ashamed or too prideful to ask for help. At the end of the day, be yourself. You don't need to impress anyone. Follow your heart and your dreams, even if it is the difficult road. Don't shy away from difficultly, because through difficultly comes wisdom, endurance, and self-confidence. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't accomplish. Just go and do it. Don't make excuses.

Love God. Love your family. Love your friends. Build networks. Step outside of your comfort zone. Learn from others. And help others. Most importantly, help others where you can.

But at the end of the day, you are here right now. Enjoy the time, even the hard stuff. Don't let stress rob you of that. Don't feel pressure to always be busy and to overreach. Enjoy the here and now. And cherish each moment, because they'll never come again.

As a 50-something, I agree with everything you articulated. Very sage advice my friend. If I may add one thing which is an absolute truth but was hard for me to wrap my arms around when I was younger is, push your pride to the side and give yourself a break. You will make mistakes but embrace them, learn from them and own them. You won't be measured by the fall you take but the recovery you have. And to your "help others" sentiment, understanding that principle of giving is a strong principle indeed. When you are able to give without expecting anything in return is when things can truly turn around for you personally. It almost never fails. :)

High school sucked for me. I got picked on and didn't really fit in well. I was also a little lazy and impatient....kinda always wanted to get to the next thing. I didn't have to study hard and settled for mostly Bs with some As and a few Cs thrown in there.

Just my $0.02 but Don't ever be afraid to stumble. When you stumble, get up knock the dust off your knees and learn from your mistakes. Don't be so paralyzed by failure that you never take risks.

Worst winter ever. It’s a 2012 redux as far as I’m concerned.

I had clutch a** snow flurries on Christmas morning as the family was opening presents. That alone automatically vaults this winter to at least a D/passing grade in my book even if we were snowless & torched the rest of the way. Obviously that hasn't happened and this has been a consistently chilly January overall rarely touching 60F down here in Fayetteville, we've earned at least a D+/C- so far at mi casa.

Yeah I just unwatched the NC thread (Joyless January), pretty much only NC folk posting there because they are the only ones to really have shots anymore.

Bring on spring and severe
Tell me about it! I have to eat lots of close call 40-degree rain sleet days while yall are in the 60s. So much fun. Last 2 days have been sunny though , ( and warmer than the 52-53 the EPS mean had).

I completely hated high school because I was a nerd but adulthood has been an experience for sure in some ways I love it(the freedom) and in other ways I hate it (mostly the bills and rent....)? the posts above are so true though you can't dwell on the past and you learn from your mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back