• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god trust me I know how it feels, I was the "weird kid" back in high school so people always treated me differently than they would others. What year are you in? If you're a junior or senior it'll be over soon lol
Senior. 5 AP classes and college search doesn't help. I can't figure out how to relax

Senior. 5 AP classes and college search doesn't help. I can't figure out how to relax
Me and @tramadoc have your solution man ! Gotta puff on the green and get you a BBW like me and tarheel1!

Also, when things get tough and busy and it become difficult to find time to do enjoyable things then try your best to take joy in the moments you get . Be it a short hike somewhere near you even though you wish you could have went to the mountains .

Operation thaw Alaska is back. True -NAO is gone. We've got a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it in February.

1611152351163.png

Me and @tramadoc have your solution man ! Gotta puff on the green and get you a BBW like me and tarheel1!

Also, when things get tough and busy and it become difficult to find time to do enjoyable things then try your best to take joy in the moments you get . Be it a short hike somewhere near you even though you wish you could have went to the mountains .

I was always against it until I retired on full government disability. Now? Dude... it’s the only thing that kills the nerve pain in my back and legs. Helps me sleep and takes care of PTSD. Good stuff. Should be legal in NC.

High school sucked for me. I got picked on and didn't really fit in well. I was also a little lazy and impatient....kinda always wanted to get to the next thing. I didn't have to study hard and settled for mostly Bs with some As and a few Cs thrown in there.

But here's what I would say to you or anyone else. Education is important. It becomes even more important if your desired career path has certain prerequisites or qualifications and certifications. But more importantly than that, learn how to live life contently. Enjoy the now. Before you know it, you'll be watching your son or daughter go off to high school. Enjoy the now.

Learn self-reliance. Learn how to manage your finances. Learn how to interact with others, even those that are challenging. Learn how to work through difficult situations or problems. Don't ever be afraid, ashamed or too prideful to ask for help. At the end of the day, be yourself. You don't need to impress anyone. Follow your heart and your dreams, even if it is the difficult road. Don't shy away from difficultly, because through difficultly comes wisdom, endurance, and self-confidence. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't accomplish. Just go and do it. Don't make excuses.

Love God. Love your family. Love your friends. Build networks. Step outside of your comfort zone. Learn from others. And help others. Most importantly, help others where you can.

But at the end of the day, you are here right now. Enjoy the time, even the hard stuff. Don't let stress rob you of that. Don't feel pressure to always be busy and to overreach. Enjoy the here and now. And cherish each moment, because they'll never come again.

Yeah, there's some decent trails around here. It'll help once all the scholarship apps are out of the way and I can just cruise to the finish. Got my first overnight backpacking trip planned for May. Excited. Plus I'm going to a NASCAR race in March

My district is fully in person.
Still, I imagine there are social distancing measures that make school a bit weird these days? Might be contributing to your anxiety.

I personally wasn’t the biggest fan of high school, either. But it’ll be over soon. College is a different experience, as is adult life. In some ways, things get better, and in some ways they get worse. You’ll never have less responsibility than you have now, but you’ll also have more agency and control of your life decisions in the future.

Still, I imagine there are social distancing measures that make school a bit weird these days? Might be contributing to your anxiety.

I personally wasn’t the biggest fan of high school, either. But it’ll be over soon. College is a different experience, as is adult life. In some ways, things get better, and in some ways they get worse. You’ll never have less responsibility than you have now, but you’ll also have more agency and control of your life decisions in the future.
I'm sure I'll miss it some day. But yeah we have plexiglass dividers on our desks which is just kinda funny honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back