• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for that elusive "lee-side" trough to form with one of these clipper-type systems. I would love to see another Jan 2003 event.
This setup right off the bat looks better (north of the NC/SC border) than the Christmas event (per H5 on the NAM) Nam already has soundings more moist than what it showed With the with Christmas system, that system was just very moisture starved and totally reliant on Convective features (still got flurries here) but the low level drying killed it with virga
Hopefully this one gets better as we get closer and we pull a surprise

Just once, I would like to see the control actually verify.

The overnight models are not encouraging, pattern-wise if you're hoping for a big SE winter storm. Pretty much the same as it's been so far. Seasonal-ish with plenty of rain chances. Maybe the EPS looks good after 240, but since we haven't seen any images, I have a suspicion that it may not be the best.

A storm could pop up at any time, I guess, but the pattern doesn't appear to be all that noteworthy.

Just once, I would like to see the control actually verify.

The overnight models are not encouraging, pattern-wise if you're hoping for a big SE winter storm. Pretty much the same as it's been so far. Seasonal-ish with plenty of rain chances. Maybe the EPS looks good after 240, but since we haven't seen any images, I have a suspicion that it may not be the best.

A storm could pop up at any time, I guess, but the pattern doesn't appear to be all that noteworthy.
I feel like an idiot for telling my family that this was the best wintry pattern in the last 10 years. I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back