• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like an idiot for telling my family that this was the best wintry pattern in the last 10 years. I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

We live and learn. Unfortunately...long range modeling can’t be trusted. They lead to failure more often then not. Especially...when you’re talking about good winter patterns for the southeast. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've honestly just decided to quit posting. For every time you try to point out any shred of positive someone is going to orange on it in the whamby or pattern thread. banana it

----! ----! We need positivity. So let’s here it! I know the pattern is going to turn around. The question is when.

banana! orange! We need positivity. So let’s here it! I know the pattern is going to turn around. The question is when.

I mean it's weather fake positivity isn't going to change it but if you say anything positive someone is immediately going to post the opposite or troll the post a few days later. It's old. I'll enjoy my flurries Saturday

Time is ticking. We are getting deep into winter. Realistically the I-20 corridor has another month to score unless something crazy and historic like 1993 happens again. Once every 15 or 20 years I-20 will get something after Mid Feb.

Just once, I would like to see the control actually verify.

The overnight models are not encouraging, pattern-wise if you're hoping for a big SE winter storm. Pretty much the same as it's been so far. Seasonal-ish with plenty of rain chances. Maybe the EPS looks good after 240, but since we haven't seen any images, I have a suspicion that it may not be the best.

A storm could pop up at any time, I guess, but the pattern doesn't appear to be all that noteworthy.

EPO starts going positive at the end of the EPS. While the PNA stays negative. WPO goes neutral by the 26th. However! The NAO and AO stay negative. ?‍♂️

It seems like people don't understand the amount of luck needed to time a snow event in the southeast, even in favorable patterns. There is a reason our averages are so low down here. But we just ignore the surprise events that have been happening in non climatology favored areas like the ones this week, when its not in our own backyards. It is roasting down here in the summer, I enjoy every minute its not....even if I did just buy a pool haha.

Oh no!!! Rain along this cold front this would have been snow 20 years ago! We just can't win with these rain fronts!

View attachment 65662
Well it looks good for anafrontal snow ! That’s the new buzzword over the last 5 years!? Like arctic sea ice, icon and Para GFS! Times are a changing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back