• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No desire to live in a locale where snow is on the ground for the majority of the winter. I like it when it snows and then 48 hours later it's gone.
Yeah, still solid 4” on the ground, the last snow was 2 days before New Years

The NAM is a disaster for MBY. Not even a flake. And this is supposed to be a "great" pattern. Seems we can't even get a dusting in a strong -NAO in January when climo is near its coldest, this is pathetic.

The NAM is a disaster for MBY. Not even a flake. And this is supposed to be a "great" pattern. Seems we can't even get a dusting in a strong -NAO in January when climo is near its coldest, this is pathetic.
I guess we have all learned what happens in a super marginal setup

@Webberweather53 and others have said that we'd have to hand off a few first - this was truly a bonus before the potentially better pattern begins to establish itself (emphasis on potential) around mid month. This pattern sucks and honestly to pull snow out of it is actually pretty impressive with a stale air mass and a weak upper low/wave.

Could this be the winter that keeps showing us great maps 8 to ten days out with no se ridge and it still don’t snow????

Any posters from Louisiana? Looks like they going to get 3-6” plus!

Also, how the hell did @JHS get snow in jonesville, south of me, with comparable rates to what I have now, while I am raining?

Also, how the hell did @JHS get snow in jonesville, south of me, with comparable rates to what I have now, while I am raining?
No way he could have. He publicly declared that it would not snow with this event nor would it snow the rest of the winter. He lied straight to us and needs to be held fully accountable. MNGR now!

Snow or no snow this winter is much better then the last two years. Last year my backyard was a muddy mess because I could barely get below freezing for a few hours. This winter is normal to slightly below so far which is still pretty cold with an avg high of 45 and an average low of 26. Definitely hope to get some actual accumulating snow soon but have seen a few flurries flying today!
Next 5 days are definitely cold even if not vodka cold as some say.

1F505509-7299-41A9-BAC6-73EF5853B87E.jpeg

I wish I felt that way! For me, there is literally nothing more heart-wrenching, gut-punching nor soul-crushing than to hear that pinging of sleet. I've lived through many a storm where it was pouring snow only to start hearing those pingers, knowing our time was coming to an end. I'm getting anxiety just thinking about some of them...
I get the same crushed feeling when it starts as sleet and I can see a trip to quarter mile hill on the county road, and 2am sledding, only to have it turn to snow, and push my sledding to mundane golf course sledding, with my ski sled, lol. I'll take snow as a second best, but for sledding the huge hills on the state road with my flexie flier on iced down sleet..... only sleet in inches, frozen down, will do :) Nothing beats sledding at 30 mph down the pavement with bridge abutments on either side at the bottom, sled chattering in the ruts..... nearly out of control. Got to stay to the middle as you can jump feet to the side on the way down. That's living....that's the joy of sleet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back