• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I knew we were shafted last year in RAH, but didn't realize it was that bad. Imagine being in the Preferred area of the NW Peidmont in NC, and Jackson MS, Birmingham Al, and Atlanta Ga have had WSW sooner than I have had....
Raleigh didn't do all that bad. Most of Wake County eastward got at least 2-3" from the February 20 storm. I thought we'd get shut out completely after how mild December and January was. However that was the only widespread snow for the region, and IMBY we didn't have a single flake all winter otherwise. I'm pretty sure Raleigh still had more snow than Baltimore or Philadelphia last winter.

Raleigh didn't do all that bad. Most of Wake County eastward got at least 2-3" from the February 20 storm. I thought we'd get shut out completely after how mild December and January was. However that was the only widespread snow for the region, and IMBY we didn't have a single flake all winter otherwise. I'm pretty sure Raleigh still had more snow than Baltimore or Philadelphia last winter.

Oh man, I got a inch at most from that. It was a mulch beds and long grass only even for me.

Well yeah, but why can't I get 3 feet of snow and it be -30??? This storm sucked!!!

Cold air can't hold a lot of moisture, most places that are this cold are really dry actually, to get big snows it does have to be closer to freezing tbh. Only way you can combat this is to live in the mountains where mechanical lifting will squeeze out additional moisture

That 313 here must have been the snow chase up by the Oklahoma border because there wasn't jack here

It boggles my mind sometimes how we can't buy a storm here lol
10 years ago that wasn’t a problem. I don’t even think Atlanta has had a winter this good recently.B63BED7C-54EE-4BC1-84C6-48A061A2EFFD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back