• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m off Wednesday so I will make sure people don’t lie about their totals. Past few events those in the Burke/McDowel county area really struggle trying to measure ice on trees and inflate their totals. I will drive around some if I suspect mischief and see about having their skywarn spotter certification yanked.

I’m off Wednesday so I will make sure people don’t lie about their totals. Past few events those in the Burke/McDowel county area really struggle trying to measure ice on trees and inflate their totals. I will drive around some if I suspect mischief and see about having their skywarn spotter certification yanked.

Maybe for a small fee you could tour the state verifying totals for NWS??? Then if you make enough you can start your own NWS???

Lol you know it’s over for you when you’re south of the RGEM
View attachment 57839
Been saying that since the beginning. I've never seen anything that lead me to believe the upstate was ever in play. Been watching models too long and know their biases and errors they make every single time with winter weather here. Also spending my whole 40 years of existence here in SC I know the climatology very well. Not trying to toot my own horn here at all. And I hardly ever say what people want to hear. But when I honk you know its real in the upstate. NC is a different story.

You guys really need to get some popcorn and check out Americanwx forums and Wxdisco forums. Meltdowns galore with these recent NAM/RGEM runs in the NYC/Philly areas.

Lol I might be getting cold rain tomorrow but it's a nice consolation prize to see mid-Atlantic weenies capitulating over a last second NW trend

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.22.03 AM.png

Maybe for a small fee you could tour the state verifying totals for NWS??? Then if you make enough you can start your own NWS???
Already on it. But with drones the technology is there for them to measure ice way better than humans by up to 50% improvement. Already working on the app. Drone with camera is the way to go. Will work for snow too in the future.

Lol I might be getting cold rain tomorrow but it's a nice consolation prize to see mid-Atlantic weenies capitulating over a last second NW trend

View attachment 57845
Lol thats what they get for taking models at face value and using 10:1 maps. Also not taking in account the inevitable warming of models and shift nw in the final 24 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back