• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, let just be happy we are having an opportunity at winter weather. We had almost none last winter. Snow, ice, sleet. It shouldn't matter. The icestorm for my area back on dec 7th 2018 was .75-1.00 inch of ice but no power loss. Over an inch qpf is when things get problematic
Lol what? .75 is more than enough to knock out power in most cases. I don’t see why we should be happy about freezing rain

Lol what? .75 is more than enough to knock out power in most cases. I don’t see why we should be happy about freezing rain
A tenth of an inch is a glaze and usually doesn't cause problems. And it's pretty to look at. At .25 you start having issues. At .5 it gets really bad.

Hey I mean the EPS isn’t far from that sort of Synoptic scale pattern View attachment 57381
I absolutely love that pattern, very classic NE trough to phase with the one in the SW. I think that if we could get the +PNA to trend further north and center the heights around BC, we’d really be talking.

FWIW not a single GEFS member showed that fantasy storm

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back