• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2020-2021 Winter: Early Thoughts

Well, this September was a dramatic difference from last September. Super hot last year vs. cooler than average this year. Hoping that's a good sign.
TW

its pretty insane here, we're running almost 10 degrees colder than last September... actually have a shot at top 10 coolest when last year blew away record warmest definitely makes me wonder

we never even got below 70 last September and we've had a high below 70 this year lol

Last edited:
Most every winter I remember with a cold November ended up being a really bad winter. My wish is for a flip to cold around mid December and lasting through the end of January. I’m then ready to fish!

TW
November 2013 was fairly cold and that winter was pretty good

https://www.wbrz.com/news/la-nina-and-snowfall-in-south-louisiana

This article is garbage y'all. First of all, Baton Rouge has only gotten measurable snow less than 20 or so times in the past 130 years. How is the ENSO state supposed to be a reliable predictor of snowfall likelihood? The two examples brought up aren't really statistically helpful, since the ENSO state is never mentioned of all recent snows going back 60 years in my area. And ENSO state alone is very shallow when it comes to southern snowfall. Everything has to come together just right to give us in the deep south a measurable snow (or any frozen precip, for that matter). I feel like this article was written for clicks.

Back