• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Me too actually. At least what you post is factually correct. The amount of wrong information posted on here -- and accepted with no hesitation -- is more than I can take most of the time. My colleagues make fun of me constantly for posting on here, but no one likes to talk shop like I do. And all my close meteorologist friends have moved far away ?. I don't get why you're made out to be such a bad poster when I can name five or ten more that literally drive me to the edge virtually every post.

Well, with the changes now I don't know what is okay to post in the storm threads and what isn't. I thought my post about ice storms in the past here and my experience with them was on topic since we are talking about a possible ice storm and how they can be difficult to nail down here.

Well, with the changes now I don't know what is okay to post in the storm threads and what isn't. I thought my post about ice storms in the past here and my experience with them was on topic since we are talking about a possible ice storm and how they can be difficult to nail down here.
PM a mod or an admin and we can help. :)

I feel bad for the poor folks in NW AR. Fayetteville is in the midst of their longest streak without a 1" snowfall. Over 1,400 days and counting ! And they will miss out on this storm too.

The end of the 18z GFS is very promising. This cold rain may just be the start of a pattern change. Late January is the climatologically most likely time for most of the southeast to get snow, and with the weeklies looking good, I'm expecting a possibly significant southeastern winter storm later this month.

I do believe this can be applied to many things today. Feel free to come up with an interpretation of your own as I've got many.
giphy.gif

Didn’t know you chase . What are some of your favorite ones that you’ve chased ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, 93 blizzard was my very first fun but scary lonesome storm that i chased, that I knew nothing about and had no idea what I was doing LOL. The interest was there, but I didn't study or even thinking about learning weather at a young age. All I knew at that time is I loved snow and wanted drive into the heart of the storm. I drove Into Clarke CO Alabama, towards sweet water into linden. Weather was bad, snow was heavy and wind was strong. Don't know how I made it back home, but the good Lord was watching out for me. Ever since then I chased so many storms, ill have to sit back and remember the other ones and what years. I can say this, I've chased many storm, some with wins and lots with losses. I remember driving from Florida to TN to see snow, and got there only to be disappointed. I also drove hours to see the beauty and experience God creation that I can't see down in the deep south lol. Chasing is always a part of me, and I've been very committed and faithful of doing so. Chasing isn't for everyone, but for a true weenie, it is.

Yes, 93 blizzard was my very first fun but scary lonesome storm that i chased, that I knew nothing about and had no idea what I was doing LOL. The interest was there, but I didn't study or even thinking about learning weather at a young age. All I knew at that time is I loved snow and wanted drive into the heart of the storm. Into Clarke CO Alabama, towards sweet water into linden. Weather was bad, snow was heavy and wind was strong. Don't know how I made it back home, but the good Lord was watching out for me. Ever since then I chased so many storms, ill have to sit back and remember the other ones and what years. I can say this, I've chased many storm, some with wins and lots with losses. I remember driving from Florida to TN to see snow, and got there only to be disappointed. I also drove hours to see the beauty and experience God creation that I can't see down in the deep south lol. Chasing is always a part of me, and I've been very committed and faithful of doing so. Chasing isn't for everyone, but for a true weenie, it is.
You don't really seem to be in the best of locations to chase snow since you are not far from Mobile. You must go on some long drives !

You don't really seem to be in the best of locations to chase snow since you are not far from Mobile. You must go on some long drives !
Yeah, I've drove hours just to see snow. I've been lucky here lately, like last year where I didn't have to chase. I got 2 storms last year IMBY. I'm getting older, so my chasing isn't as much anymore, but I'll still chase if I have to, depending how big it would be

Yeah, I've drove hours just to see snow. I've been lucky here lately, like last year where I didn't have to chase. I got 2 storms last year IMBY. I'm getting older, so my chasing isn't as much anymore, but I'll still will if the storm is huge.
Do you also chase severe storms or hurricanes ?

I hate the SREF. Always too much spread on SE storms. A couple of big hits and many that give nothing. How can you use use it as a reliable tool?

Back