• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Bama weenies , never forget
7e418991297ae12397fc73b650cfc141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like I made the right choice in putting down the first treatment of pre-emergent last week...

I had hard thoughts about it and delayed for a week. But make no mistake if its dry enough this weekend its going out. So wet and listening to webber (who is the Pacific MJO/Nino guru ) sounds like we have a pretty good shot at a Mod-Strong El nino for next winter. Be something if we make a run at 2018 which was the wettest year ever recorded here in Greensboro.

Like I said before and I'll say it again we are not getting any snow for the remainder of this bs winter... Everything that was predicted for the South this winter as been nothing but opposite... The south east ridge is not going anywhere the MJO has been nothing but a sick joke yet we keep watching to see it get in the phases we like only for us to get punched in the face with reality and don't let me forget about the horrible models that's suppose give us legitimate weather but it can't get ---- right beyond freaking 3 days...I've been cliff diving ever since the end of December and yet to eat my own words thinking ok we still have a whole lot of winter left to look forward to not.... In my book this will be one of the worse winter here since the 2012-2013 year winter SMH

Like I said before and I'll say it again we are not getting any snow for the remainder of this bs winter... Everything that was predicted for the South this winter as been nothing but opposite... The south east ridge is not going anywhere the MJO has been nothing but a sick joke yet we keep watching to see it get in the phases we like only for us to get punched in the face with reality and don't let me forget about the horrible models that's suppose give us legitimate weather but it can't get poop right beyond freaking 3 days...I've been cliff diving ever since the end of December and yet to eat my own words thinking ok we still have a whole lot of winter left to look forward to not.... In my book this will be one of the worse winter here since the 2012-2013 year winter SMH

Yeah I’m not sure I get the MJO obsession. Granted I’m no met but it seems like all phases are bad for one reason or another. The only model that seems to be holding correct is the Euro Ensembles. GFS and GEFS are garbage. FV3 is like a bad new fad.

Yeah I’m not sure I get the MJO obsession. Granted I’m no met but it seems like all phases are bad for one reason or another. The only model that seems to be holding correct is the Euro Ensembles. GFS and GEFS are garbage. FV3 is like a bad new fad.

The GEFS were continuously showing a crappy pattern a couple of weeks back when the EPS was moving to a good pattern. We know which one verified. I actually think it's less about the model suite and more about the pattern shown. A crappy pattern has a much higher chance to verify than a good one. The model showing the worst pattern is going to win 9 out of te10n times!

Love getting a solid pattern locked in!! ????????Seattle!BD4780AA-BAF2-4923-9FC7-EB5A428D107A.png

The GEFS were continuously showing a crappy pattern a couple of weeks back when the EPS was moving to a good pattern. We know which one verified. I actually think it's less about the model suite and more about the pattern shown. A crappy pattern has a much higher chance to verify than a good one. The model showing the worst pattern is going to win 9 out of te10n times!

That’s not how models work! What if they both show great patterns, that never verify!??

Do I have to sign up to get the inside information, winters over????View attachment 15641
You should start your own blog. You'd be rich.
Mack's Blog

The Flaming Apps Rubber: Where it rains so hard you can smell the snow
The Bathtub Slosher: Where the water is always at the other end of the tub
The Snow Hole: User guide to winter in the upstate
Cold Air Damning: When Wedges Die

That trough out west has me dreaming of Lake Tahoe. I guess we could call it a crappy winter, but I got 3 inches of snow here in Chatham County NC all out of one storm, so I guess that is about our average.

Back