• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

This is about the time you pull out every model you can find that shows something frozen. I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it’s because people know zip about pattern recognition and they’ll punt the last half of January until they see blue over their house on a random GFS run.

The next potential window of opportunity for someone on the board looks to be well before that, actually near January 20th, I discussed on the main January forum why the pattern will look at least a little favorable in this window with a nice -EPO developing next week as the Pacific jet finally relaxes a little and the SSWE directly imposes positive height anomalies near and north of Alaska.
Don't you think that's going to be more of a TN/KY and North Carolina potential?

I wonder why this Pivotal snow depth maps are running so high. No I don't believe that there will be this much ground truth, but I think we could use it as a general outline of who may see frozen precip of some type. Here is the 12z FV3:
View attachment 10570

Well, that is interesting. If I could somehow get an inch out of this storm I would consider that a big win.

Serious question: All of you that have punted, kicked, quit, complained, whined IF you receive a significant winter weather event will you come on here and formally recant all statements and acknowledge you were wrong?

Hell no . They will say they were just kidding and be the ones asking “ MBY “ questions

Damn the gefs is brutal in the long range . As Webber said , the wait is over the change is happening
8412bf9d6d7c5c318cd672a7d81e05c7.jpg
062b22334483554049d533f57bb7e16f.jpg

giphy.gif

And I know what some have said, but the moderating here is definitely stricter than it used to be with moving comments from the storm threads. The same kind of comments in the December storm thread weren't even moved. I don't know if it is newer mods or what, but it is frustrating.

Back