• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

FV3 bout to be like

giphy.gif

Nah, it's going to be

BonySaltyIndochinahogdeer-max-1mb.gif

I'm just going to leave this here. Of course it's going to be. But like a good dream, it will end soon enough.
View attachment 15164

You should check out the later hour height biases. Holy moly the FV3 is bad at Day 10. Way too negative with 500mb over the Nhemi.
5421a0b15913b1aecc88fa426135b802.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verification charts are quite useful but they don't always tell the whole story. I noted in the Fab February thread that the long range NAM actually agrees more with the GFS/FV3 HP strength and showed how it has actually verified quite accurately (but too weak with the HP) recently. To see such a large disconnect between the Euro vs the NAM, GFS and FV3 is intriguing to me and it doesn't matter as much which is right as much as I want to see which one does better and why. Do we have a model verification thread that we can use for archiving things like this?

Ok fellas, let's move on to a different topic...maybe how nice and warm it is outside or something.
80º in Hogtown ... have totally forgotten what 20º feels like it being a tad over a year now ... but also forgot what a warm, dry 80º southerly breeze felt like as well ... something to say for it, for sure ... though the other direction (20º) is nothing to frown at ...

How's that RC?

Ok fellas, let's move on to a different topic...maybe how nice and warm it is outside or something.

Thread title reminder:
2019 Banter & ****"Friendly"**** Conservation
For anyone interested, here's a list of Moderators ... https://southernwx.com/community/members/?key=staff_members
They get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year each to keep this place running smoothly, but their contracts do not include a provision for baby sitting (I wrote the damn thing, so take it to the bank) ... :cool:

Guys, listen up. If an original post gets deleted at the discretion of the staff, the posts that quote it have to be removed too. I am the one that deleted the posts and for that reason.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, so I apologize if me removing the posts did that. It was not my intent.

Lastly, we are mostly all adults here. If you have a problem with somebody, try to use PM and work it out. If it can't be worked out, and you need to involve the staff, please involve us. PM me if there's a problem. Again, I'm not trying to be mean here or anything. I'm trying to prevent a mess like we had yesterday.

Guys, listen up. If an original post gets deleted at the discretion of the staff, the posts that quote it have to be removed too. I am the one that deleted the posts and for that reason.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, so I apologize if me removing the posts did that. It was not my intent.

Ohhh, I understand, preciate the info

Back