• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

One thing I don't miss about living in NC is being around the obnoxious UNC fans.

ThatDisguisedBarbet-max-1mb.gif

I'm hoping the FV3 is right. I just hope it's more sleet than zr.

Pivotal does remove sleet I believe. There's something that happens to cause that which I'm not sure is likely.

If taken verbatim it'd be nutty. Ice to a huge and quick thump of snow, but I doubt it on that.

I will be SHOCKED if is see 1/1000th of what this is showing.

The TT snow maps should be banned for the FV3. They use a horrible algorithm that doesn't match the actual model output. I'll illustrate this below.

The p-type map shows this.
1549477114657.png

And the "snow" map shows this. That area in SC that has 12" and more of snow is actually in the yellow heavy rain area and would be a cold rain and definitely not snow.
1549477160589.png

Does NWS forecaster's discussion even take FV3 into account? I don't think I've ever seen them mention it. Do they not use it because its not operational yet?
You won’t ever hear that model come out of KK’s or CJ mouth! My highs are in the 60s from Mon-Thursday next week! A warm ice storm!

Pivotal does remove sleet I believe. There's something that happens to cause that which I'm not sure is likely.

If taken verbatim it'd be nutty. Ice to a huge and quick thump of snow, but I doubt it on that.
Yeah I have a better chance at winning the lottery than seeing that much snow from a wedge. ;)

I don't dispute most of what you say. However, the difference is, UNC went above and beyond the typical "easy" class by creating an entire curriculum of no-show classes (something no other school does to my knowledge); and then in order to stay within the letter of the law they ensured that some of the general student population were also enrolled (never mind that such classes were skewed heavily in the direction of athletes). It was so fraudulent that they were sanctioned heavily by their accreditation commission. Neither State nor Duke has been penalized as such. Bottom line, UNC cheated to gain/maintain an unfair advantage over their competitors. So don't kid yourself.
If they stayed within the letter of the law then technically it wasn't fraudulent..... maybe it's not right but not fraudulent. :p

I don't dispute most of what you say. However, the difference is, UNC went above and beyond the typical "easy" class by creating an entire curriculum of no-show classes (something no other school does to my knowledge); and then in order to stay within the letter of the law they ensured that some of the general student population were also enrolled (never mind that such classes were skewed heavily in the direction of athletes). It was so fraudulent that they were sanctioned heavily by their accreditation commission. Neither State nor Duke has been penalized as such. Bottom line, UNC cheated to gain/maintain an unfair advantage over their competitors. So don't kid yourself.

Amazing that nobody with a UNC degree is pissed off that the athletics are devaluing there education. And I can't believe the parents of these students are letting the school off the hook...I would have sued the school for this. These student athletes were denied a legit education while the school made a ton of money off them. It's a shame for these kids.

The FV3 is actually being pretty stupid with its depiction of the surface low. If the wedging is that strong, which it won't be, then there's no way the low is going to track that far north, reform in the middle of the wedge, and drag a squall line through the area. My guess is that the high up north is going to start to show weaker and more transient soon.

Amazing that nobody with a UNC degree is pissed off that the athletics are devaluing there education. And I can't believe the parents of these students are letting the school off the hook...I would have sued the school for this. These student athletes were denied a legit education while the school made a ton of money off them. It's a shame for these kids.

200.gif

The FV3 is actually being pretty stupid with its depiction of the surface low. If the wedging is that strong, which it won't be, then there's no way the low is going to track that far north, reform in the middle of the wedge, and drag a squall line through the area. My guess is that the high up north is going to start to show weaker and more transient soon.
I don’t like this negativity ! If I had a dollar for every time I heard the low can’t track through a strong wedge

Back