• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Is there enough cold air for the midweek system ? I"m looking at the forecast and it shows highs in the 50s for much of AL and MS.

So weird, light snow/sleet/rain a few counties away from me and here it’s sunny with a few cirrus clouds, what a deception

You just can’t please some people... ????

So on a serious note.
Would you guys just want the banter thread to go back like it was and close this one??
Maybe do a vote ??
DOWNVOTE! I thrive in here. This is my element. I have the weather knowledge of a 3 year old. Please don’t take this from me?

1st look at Feb. from the NWS

off14_temp.gif

The fly in our ointment is that it's winter. :(

The reason for all the clippers is the PV in central Canada right? Wouldn't it be better if it were in SE Canada, to allow storms to traverse the gulf and amplify, while the PV would suppress them south? That has to be the reason all the lows in the northern stream flying around.

Another way for us to fail I guess. Man I'm in a Wambulance mood today. Seeing the STJ dry up has pushed me over the edge. o_O

The reason for all the clippers is the PV in central Canada right? Wouldn't it be better if it were in SE Canada, to allow storms to traverse the gulf and amplify, while the PV would suppress them south? That has to be the reason all the lows in the northern stream flying around.

Another way for us to fail I guess. Man I'm in a Wambulance mood today. Seeing the STJ dry up has pushed me over the edge. o_O
Clippers are fine. We just need a jet split out west. A PV in southeastern Canada is better because it will prevent cutters. Couple that with an active stj and you will get a storm. It won't be suppressive the entire time. But it will be close enough to inject cold air into the SE from time to time. Plus, depending on the H5 configuration, one of those clipper systems could merge with a wave in the STJ and produce a big storm. All about the H5 orientation and timing.

Salisbury N.C.
Thanks! When you have time, would you mind putting that in your profile? If not, no big deal. I like it when someone says it's snowing at their house (when it actually snows), and I know where they are. :)

Mping report of all sleet near morganton NC, I was watching this little disturbance for a few days, typically they give us a burst of sleet which is something interesting I guess

Back