• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I swear some people expect the coldest snowiest op runs and ensemble runs to right over their house.

The nit picking over the whole country going into the freezer is simply amazing .

This makes me want two things . A winter storm for MBY that screws the ones bitching and moaning ANd a quick flip to heat by mid February .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear some people expect the coldest snowiest op runs and ensemble runs to right over their house.

The nit picking over the whole country going into the freezer is simply amazing .

This makes me want two things . A winter storm for MBY that screws the ones bitching and moaning ANd a quick flip to heat by mid February .

I approve this message.

This is not very friendly in the friendly banter thread.

I can't handle so much negativity, I will stay on the January blog and not banter until spring. This is banter, so everyone has there on intake, but why all negative comments every damn time I come in here, it getting old very fast, maybe for once if there's any positive through the bad times than maybe things will change for the better.
It’s not so much the negativity as it is the same negative one liners over and over and over again Day after day after day. You know it’s bad when we now have a separate thread for complaints only.

Hopefully this so-called "pattern change" doesn't keep getting delayed and delayed. First it appeared as if we had a threat on the 13th, got cold rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 20th, looks like that is headed for a cool-mild rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 25th which is still possible but models are now showing rain for that. I think the western South may have a better chance to get in on the action in the near future than the eastern portion of the South.

I'm ready for more snow. Although I got lucky in December that's not usually the case in Raleigh. Greensboro westward generally has much better luck in winter storms.

Just because a threat does not materialize does not mean the pattern hasn’t changed . The pattern is already changing and has changed . First full impacts for our areas will be the front this weekend

So, are we ever going to actually get into a great pattern for winter storms, or is at all hype? And if we do, will we actually get any storms from it, or do we just have to hope to get lucky in not so great patterns and still end up with a storm like the December 5 one? Does anyone really know anymore? All this and more drama on As The Weather Turns.

Now that's what I am talking about. This is the perfect thread and the perfect comment. Embrace the roller coaster that is southeastern winter.

Answer to first question:

Yes we got to get lucky.

Answer to second question:

No one ever knew they just got lucky

And to the finale comment that is the Title of winter in the south aka "We Gotta be Lucky" ...

Last edited:
We're going to try something new. You ought to be able to complain about the weather without getting your complaints complained about. To that end, the staff has agreed that a new thread should be created and dedicated to just that purpose. Feel free to use this thread as an outlet for complaining about, lamenting over, cancelling, or taunting specific model runs, pattern changes, or the weather in general. Also, if you want to gripe about TV or other weather outlets, feel free to do so right here. Let's just try and not go over the top.

The rules of the road:

1) All complaining needs to be done in here. If it's in here, you're good. If it's out there, it will be moved in here. The staff will help out with that for a while, until we get the hang of it.

2) No complaining about other posters. If you have a problem with another poster, please PM the staff.

3) No jabs at someone's analysis in the main threads. Winter might suck for you and me for the rest of our lives. But if someone wants to analyze the pattern or a storm threat and talk about legitimate ways it might work out, let's not have any passive-aggressive swipes at their comments.

4) The Pattern and Storm threads are for pattern and storm analysis and discussion.

5) The Banter thread is for friendly conversations about whatever else we want to talk about.

As always, if you don't like reading comments by a specific poster, please utilize the Ignore feature. It works great.

As a side note, weather is supposed to be fun. Sometimes, it's frustrating. But generally, it should be fun. If it makes you miserable most of the time, it might not be the best hobby to engage in. That said, we all get frustrated with it...sometimes. So let's please take the frustrations out here and use the other threads for more constructive dialogue.

Thanks, and have at it!
Are we allowed to curse and say what we really think of people ?

I say yes, thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry gentlemen. That violates rule number two. If you have an issue with someone, please PM the staff. Oh wait... :)

Like the message, Charlie, but with an exception or two ... that winter storm has got to include MBY, and a quick flip to heat in July and not even a tad sooner ... :D

I'm sorry gentlemen. That violates rule number two. If you have an issue with someone, please PM the staff. Oh wait... :)

I didn’t we had rules in this thread I thought this was like the WWE of threads

This is literally one of the best patterns you could ask for if you wanted to see a classic southern slider at the end of January or early February & is one that historically tends to deliver that kind of storm the most often. I really, really like where we're headed.

Well, if Webber likes it, then I like it, too.

Back