• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

So using this logic no storm can form in a bad phase? I'm pretty sure Larry has proven that is not true since the amplitude doesn't look too strong here anyway.

I never say never but those MJO phases are not favored, atleast for Raleigh. Maybe ph4-6 is good for your area though.

Larry has shown weak amplitude MJO in the cold phases are favored for best cold/snow...that is not what is being shown in the MJO forecast.

They found out that marketing washed up stars wasn't paying off!

giphy.gif

You remember that sir mix a lot song, Baby Got Back?? There’s a line in there about a woman that’s 35-24-36, but only if she’s 5’3”??? That’s Nicole, but she’s only like 5’1”!! :)
I hate snow!
This picture was taken after she slipped and fell on all of that ice the RGEM and NAM were showing us getting last weekend C6039AF4-298A-430D-8059-6FB7F169E7D7.jpeg

I think it's getting pretty likely for, eastern parts of the SE particularly (I'm looking at you GA, SC, NC, FL), that you can go ahead and fork the next 10 days. That brings us to 1/25. Tick tock.
Who cares!? I’ve got a belly full of pizzert and Kylo, Web and everyone is saying Feb is our Jam!! Have been since October! The MJO riding around in phase 4/5 and such as we roll into Feb, don’t mean a thing! Marvelous March incoming!

Hopefully this so-called "pattern change" doesn't keep getting delayed and delayed. First it appeared as if we had a threat on the 13th, got cold rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 20th, looks like that is headed for a cool-mild rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 25th which is still possible but models are now showing rain for that. I think the western South may have a better chance to get in on the action in the near future than the eastern portion of the South.

I'm ready for more snow. Although I got lucky in December that's not usually the case in Raleigh. Greensboro westward generally has much better luck in winter storms.

Hopefully this so-called "pattern change" doesn't keep getting delayed and delayed. First it appeared as if we had a threat on the 13th, got cold rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 20th, looks like that is headed for a cool-mild rain. Then it appeared we had a threat on the 25th which is still possible but models are now showing rain for that. I think the western South may have a better chance to get in on the action in the near future than the eastern portion of the South.

I'm ready for more snow. Although I got lucky in December that's not usually the case in Raleigh. Greensboro westward generally has much better luck in winter storms.

Yep. All this.

Back