• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know what I can and can't read? I want to hear why people think the models are wrong. But all I get is because climatology says that kind of storm is rare, and the models have been wrong before. I just don't get why you even come here to discuss the models if that is the attitude you have. People already have their minds made up the models have to be wrong, but for some reason still want to come look at what they show, and don't offer any other reason why the models are wrong. That's rich, and a little bit crazy.
To be fair Brick there has been a lot of information shared about the soundings (thermal profiles) and why they don't support the snow the maps are showing, it hasn't just been climo

How do you know what I can and can't read? I want to hear why people think the models are wrong. But all I get is because climatology says that kind of storm is rare, and the models have been wrong before. I just don't get why you even come here to discuss the models if that is the attitude you have. People already have their minds made up the models have to be wrong, but for some reason still want to come look at what they show, and don't offer any other reason why the models are wrong. That's rich, and a little bit crazy.
In other words, if you don't think there will be maximum snow, then why talk about the weather. lol

please, go support your case in the storm thread as you've been asked. And there have been NUMEROUS reasons presented besides climatology on why this could be a bust.

It's easy to know what you can and can't read because all you do is copy and paste snow maps and other people's thoughts. Anytime anyone asks you to support anything you say scientifically you fold.

Please, prove me wrong and go reply in the storm thread with your scientific support of the 7" in Wake county. I'll gladly eat crow.

Brick, models are guidance. They are tools. You get mad because people say what you don't want to hear. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

To be fair Brick there has been a lot of information shared about the soundings (thermal profiles) and why they don't support the snow the maps are showing, it hasn't just been climo
He knows this. But the standard response will be something like, but THIS TIME, they're consistent. Or, you guys are such debbie downers, why even talk about it. And then after it busts badly, "oh well, it's just snow. Part of the fun is hoping for snow."

Brick, models are guidance. They are tools. You get mad because people say what you don't want to hear. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
He knows. It's like trying to reason with a stump. I like Brick, but it's the same old schtick ever year.

Not good.... but no worries ULL will generate it's own cold air
See? Lol
ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back