• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully come mid January or earlier we have a good snow pack so we are not depending on a storm to cold air. Hate to see a wet pattern go to waste.
At least there will be a good snowpack to the NE so if there's CAD next week it won't have as much time to moderate :)

I was going to ask this in the main storm thread, but I don't want to come off as a moron. Does or can a developing surface low pressure travel along a stalled frontal boundary? If so, could it mean our storm possibly traveling further south/suppressed? The stalled frontal boundary as of 21z today was draped across southern LA, the northern GOM, central FL and well off the SE coast in the Atlantic ocean.

Your point? Someone can still post even tho the storm isn’t effecting their location.

Most of the time the posts are all about how it is not going to happen where they are. We know, you don't think it will happen. You gave up on it a couple days ago. Why continue to follow it and crap all over those who are still seeing if there is a chance?
giphy (2).gif

Don’t get why some posters come on here and whine about other posters so much.

I wish my map reading skills were at the same level as some people. At least then I could be happy leading up to a storm thinking I was going to get 6”

So. When you watch a new TV show for a couple of episodes, and you decide you don't like it and it isn't going to be good, do you still watch it?

So. When you watch a new TV show for a couple of episodes, and you decide you don't like it and it isn't going to be good, do you still watch it?
No. When that happens, I usually log onto a weather forum and type about how much snow is not going to fall.

I love chasing winter weather. I’ve done it since I was in elementary school. But a dud is a dud. I’ve been burnt so many times in the past, I can see it coming from a mile away. I waved the white flag 3 days ago and for good reason. The fringe of this storm will not go down in history with everyone else and that’s ok. We will continue to chase our Great White Buffalo

I love chasing winter weather. I’ve done it since I was in elementary school. But a dud is a dud. I’ve been burnt so many times in the past, I can see it coming from a mile away. I waved the white flag 3 days ago and for good reason. The fringe of this storm will not go down in history with everyone else and that’s ok. We will continue to chase our Great White Buffalo
Both of us are going to probably miss most of the snow, but we are in great position to get a ton of ice. Roads may not get bad, but trees and powerlines will get icy and many will probably fall.

If Brent gets his 5-8 inches of snow everyone who said it wouldn’t happen won’t be able to come on here without him reminding them lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back