• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueridge, it’s actually a shared max on the CMC for NC and VA. I wasn’t saying it’s only a paste bomb up north. It’s just a heavy climo like solution for WNC.

I am still trying to decide whether or not to go to my friends in Huntersville, NC. If I go I will leave in the morning. Obviously, I would rather be closer to the mountains but its free so thats a plus.

FV3 4 Life

tenor.gif

definitely the snowiest state for sure
I beg to differ if we take the mountains out of the picture. I feel Tennessee and especially north Tennessee get more snow then North Carolina does. It could just be recency biased though as Tennessee has done well in the winter weather department the last 4 years or so. However I do seem to remember North Carolina scoring a lot of snow the first few years I lived here. I know Tennessee doesn’t have to deal with the ocean moderating the temps like western North Carolina does.

I beg to differ if we take the mountains out of the picture. I feel Tennessee and especially north Tennessee get more snow then North Carolina does. It could just be recency biased though as Tennessee has done well in the winter weather department the last 4 years or so. However I do seem to remember North Carolina scoring a lot of snow the first few years I lived here. I know Tennessee doesn’t have to deal with the ocean moderating the temps like western North Carolina does.
NC is more likely to get big snows than TN i think, even outside the mtns. I guess due to the proximity of the ocean. The same holds true further north. Philly is more likely to get a big snow than areas further west such as Indy, due to proximity to the ocean.

Just imagine if this storm came in Late January with a nice snow pack to our north and west. You would have had 1-2 ft of snow totals from Mississippi east to NC. So looking forward to Winter.

Yeah this has been a big if only storm

I just hope the next one has more cold air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back