• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
North and warmer. It’s coming. The writing is on the wall. EURO will tick just a hair north tonight keeping everyone sucked in but by 12z tomorrow this thing will be a major rainer for those sitting on the fringe and will have major rain/snow mixing issues for people who currently feel they have this thing in the bag. You heard it here first

As crazy as this may seem, power plant induced snow actually was observed today in eastern Nebraska according to local NWS.

This is a first for me lol. Sharon Harris needs to get with the program!
View attachment 8323
View attachment 8324

Wow thats awesome. Ive always wondered if that was possible. Ive driven under the clouds produced by the Harpersville steam plant on very cold days and watched carefully for any sign of a snow flake. I have also seen the plant create mini cumulus congestus before and that was cool.

104A365E-610E-43CD-A610-93228FC79CBD.png 104A365E-610E-43CD-A610-93228FC79CBD.png 104A365E-610E-43CD-A610-93228FC79CBD.png The writings on the wall! We’ve lost both GFS models, the Euro is about to ---- the bed....:(

I just pushed an emergency upgrade to the database due to connection errors.

Yeah it's off and on. The CPU usage was massive, but I'm not 100% sure it was on our end. I noticed another popular site was experiencing some issues around the same time as well.

Anyway, I've changed some settings around with what we have and I guess we will see how it behaves tomorrow. To be honest, we didn't have enough users online at once to cause what just happened unless allowing file attachments by our members caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back