• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, on this day 20 years ago it was 79 degrees in Birmingham ! I do remember early December in 1998 being very warm.

Haha Jimmy that's almost like me silently steaming over failure to get a job in a field I trained for, while I've basically given up on 2018 given that we're in the holiday season, I still look at indeed a lot to see if there's openings and look at lower level jobs not in this field, considering applying for a bunch of them.

This may be a stupid question but why can't all sites that have the forecast models have the same (hopefully accurate) model output algorithms? 3 different sites have entirely different looking p-type maps, I don't understand the inconsistencies

Well just based on the GFS run and the slightest of improvements for us NC folks, I expect the FV3 will come in with one of the stupidest clown maps yet...... yep I just heard it say "hold my beer, it's show time"

Oh no it’s over for GA. We will be back on January!
We will see. I don't think it's over for my area. ATL and even the southern part of the county do far worse in wintry setups than this part of the county, so it's understandable if I'm still hanging on. The fact some say a 1036 mb or so high won't get the job done seems quite off especially if you look at February 2014 when a 1034 mb managed to shove ice down into central GA and a lot of it too, then provide sleet and snow to the upper part of the state. Feb 2015 was even worse with a high in the 1020s and the low through Central GA and there was still icing in the CAD dome.

We will see. I don't think it's over for my area. ATL and even the southern part of the county do far worse in wintry setups than this part of the county, so it's understandable if I'm still hanging on. The fact some say a 1036 mb or so high won't get the job done seems quite off especially if you look at February 2014 when a 1034 mb managed to shove ice down into central GA and a lot of it too, then provide sleet and snow to the upper part of the state. Feb 2015 was even worse with a high in the 1020s and the low through Central GA and there was still icing in the CAD dome.
FV3 looks good and has the whole time, I’m hoping my reverse psychology works for once.

This storm blows. I need to look up how long it's been since N AL had a greater than 2" snow. Think it's been a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back