• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's off and on. The CPU usage was massive, but I'm not 100% sure it was on our end. I noticed another popular site was experiencing some issues around the same time as well.

Anyway, I've changed some settings around with what we have and I guess we will see how it behaves tomorrow. To be honest, we didn't have enough users online at once to cause what just happened unless allowing file attachments by our members caused it.

I was gonna say the timing was weird in the middle of the night on a weekday basically

Yeah, it feels lightning fast now. I checked to see if we were under a DDOS attack and things looked okay on that front. Either way, our database software and php are up to date now so things should be more smooth regardless.

I was gonna say the timing was weird in the middle of the night on a weekday basically
Yea. I was like there is only 50 people online why is this not loading right. It was really weird. You would kinda expect it middle of the day or early in the evening.

So. I just looked at the SREF plumes and they were showing snow down here. I can't wait to keep hearing about "THE SREF THIS" and "THE SREF THAT" in the next half-day or so.

:(

SREF is a weenies dream come true.

Man it will be hard watching the NC peeps get burried in snow I can't help it that my emotions get the best of me when it comes to snow Here's hoping after I come back from cliff diving that the deep South (Mississippi Alabama Louisiana) get a real snow storm like the upper south hopefully before winter is over

So. I just looked at the SREF plumes and they were showing snow down here. I can't wait to keep hearing about "THE SREF THIS" and "THE SREF THAT" in the next half-day or so.

:(

SREF is a weenies dream come true.
Are they that bad/unreliable, they need to be in banter!?

So we jump off the cliff and climb back up and jump off again... yep that normal here in the SE... I’m sure we will climb back up after the afternoon runs( I hope) if not I will be taking the family on a little drive North this weekend.

@Tarheel1

Cold West of Apps = Fail

Cold East of Apps = Fail

It wasn’t this hard to get snow when I was a kid. I was so spoiled by snow when I was younger that if the forecast was ZR I was bummed out. ZR IS WELCOME AT MY HOUSE IN 2018!! Smdh
Guess I’m going to Landrum on Sunday :weenie::(

If I get fringed on the 12z Euro I’m deleting my account. Give my 12 days of Christmas prize to Brick :(

Still plenty of time... we need to give it until Friday before we throw in the towel. We all have seen models changed 24-12 hrs before the event starts, last year tough me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back