• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m working in Spartanburg. I can feel the temperature dropping. It’s cold as a witch’s titty

Funny the northern tip of our county is under a WWA! I need to move! Now that I work in Greer, night have to look into that!
Get one with a guest house so I can come stay when TR is forecasted for 8-12” while the golden strip sits under a flood warning

I love the vibes the past few days, only thing missing is fantasy snow maps with snow covering the entire SE. ( keep this up and we might actually see one.... or two.

Im starting to dislike November more and more. Its one of those months that can get very cold but very rarely do you reap the benefits of that cold. Its kind of a waste of a month honestly.

Im starting to dislike November more and more. Its one of those months that can get very cold but very rarely do you reap the benefits of that cold. Its kind of a waste of a month honestly.
November comes from the Latin, novem or 9 ... the last month of labor before the birth of winter ... so ease your pain ... :eek:

For some reason the site is logging me off when I move from one page to another or trying to post today.

Edit: Well it didn't that time but did a couple times just 15 minutes ago.

This winter can't possibly live up to the hype can it ? I've never seen such a hyped up winter in my life !

I know, makes me wonder if there's too much hype. I mean what can possibly go wrong?:confused: I watched all kinds of snow to my south and east last year and it never happened here, so that's not helping :p

I feel like unless we're measuring snow in feet this winter just won't perform lol

I know, makes me wonder if there's too much hype. I mean what can possibly go wrong?:confused: I watched all kinds of snow to my south and east last year and it never happened here, so that's not helping :p

I feel like unless we're measuring snow in feet this winter just won't perform lol
Anything less than a foot of snow will be a disappointing winter for Atlanta !

I have given this a lot of throught today and wasn’t going to originally going to say anything on here but I changed my mind. I had to go through the hardest thing in my life today and my mom passed away this morning. I had a good close bond with my mom and was real close to her. She did get on my nerves sometime (loved to talk nonstop) I would say to myself when she wouldn’t quit talking please quit talking. But I sit here tonight just thinking about what I would give to have that. She passed away from cirrhosis of the liver and dementia because of having high ammonia levels. I lost my dad 20 years ago so that’s why we had a tight bond. My point is make sure you guys have a close bond with your parents because you don’t know what you have lost until you lose them. Also you need to make sure that you and your parents have a good relationship with the lord. I wouldn’t know what to do today if it wasn’t for him getting through this. Even through this is the first step of many I will be taking. Please get yourself checked if you ever have any type of stomach problems because it might be cirrhosis of the liver. My mother didn’t drink alcohol and still got it. The hospice nurse we had told me studies are coming out saying stuff with high corn syrup in it can be causing it. Even through she had this terrible disease I know she is in a better place in heaven now. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

I'm so sorry for your loss DarkKnight. I may lose my grandma soon and I've thought a lot lately about how she was the calming influence for me through adolescence, which was difficult for me emotionally. Because of her during then, I was able to fight through struggling emotionally at times to being a lot more emotionally mature.

I'm so sorry for your loss DarkKnight. I may lose my grandma soon and I've thought a lot lately about how she was the calming influence for me through adolescence, which was difficult for me emotionally. Because of her during then, I was able to fight through struggling emotionally at times to being a lot more emotionally mature.
Thank you and Praying for you also...

I have given this a lot of throught today and wasn’t going to originally going to say anything on here but I changed my mind. I had to go through the hardest thing in my life today and my mom passed away this morning. I had a good close bond with my mom and was real close to her. She did get on my nerves sometime (loved to talk nonstop) I would say to myself when she wouldn’t quit talking please quit talking. But I sit here tonight just thinking about what I would give to have that. She passed away from cirrhosis of the liver and dementia because of having high ammonia levels. I lost my dad 20 years ago so that’s why we had a tight bond. My point is make sure you guys have a close bond with your parents because you don’t know what you have lost until you lose them. Also you need to make sure that you and your parents have a good relationship with the lord. I wouldn’t know what to do today if it wasn’t for him getting through this. Even through this is the first step of many I will be taking. Please get yourself checked if you ever have any type of stomach problems because it might be cirrhosis of the liver. My mother didn’t drink alcohol and still got it. The hospice nurse we had told me studies are coming out saying stuff with high corn syrup in it can be causing it. Even through she had this terrible disease I know she is in a better place in heaven now. Just wanted to share this with you guys.
I'm so sorry for your loss, I will be praying for you and your family. May God give you peace in this time of heartbreak.

If it weren't for that little bit of a mid summer lull I would be willing to bet GSP was having one of its wettest years on record. Where do we stand right now?

And we love you @DarkKnight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back