• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarillo, TX is under a Winter Storm Warning for 4-7" of snow !

I’m glad someone else mentioned it as I’ve also been following NW TX. I’m wondering if heavy snow might sneak down as far south as Lubbock. They’re very likely going to get accumulating snow that is forecasted by the NWS up to 1”. But some models are precariously close to them with the 3” line just to the north. I’ll be following this. Keep in mind that long term average Lubbock Nov snowfall is only near 1”. So, 3” from one Nov storm would be a pretty big deal for them, especially this early in the month. This isn’t like Denver, which averages a whopping 8” in Nov.

Last edited:
Well got the fire going, trees up( not exterior just yet) and interior design by the wife. Cold and a little windy. All we are missing is the white stuff falling from the sky. Boys and girls this winter WE ALL will see snow even Phil. It’s goong to be a fun 8-12 weeks come late December.

Well got the fire going, trees up( not exterior just yet) and interior design by the wife. Cold and a little windy. All we are missing is the white stuff falling from the sky. Boys and girls this winter WE ALL will see snow even Phil. It’s goong to be a fun 8-12 weeks come late December.
Lets not get carried away.

Lets not get carried away.

I think it’s very possible this year. Heck the panhandle saw some last year.

No objection to anyone getting carried away (in Banter) on this score ... LOL ... :eek:

Phil, have you had any accumulating snow since the Dec 1989 snow?
Nothing "accumulating" ... a few bouts of snow showers and some sleet pings, and one brief dusting on the car (the year Larry lived down here) ... but the answer to your question is a resounding "No".

How many of these end up verifying. o_O

View attachment 7303
Always loved the name of that model ...
perturbed
adjective
worried, unsettled, disturbed, concerned, troubled, upset, anxious, ill at ease, uneasy, disquieted, fretful; disconcerted, discomposed, distressed, unnerved, alarmed, bothered, dismayed, agitated, flustered, ruffled, shaken, discountenanced; informal twitchy, rattled, fazed, unstrung; discombobulated. ANTONYMS calm.

Last edited:
Random question. How soon is too soon to call someone after getting their number?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Random question. How soon is too soon to call someone after getting their number?

You talking about from a date or potential date? I wouldn’t call, millennials hate calls and girls tend to be weirded out by them...text first after a couple days. Right away seems desperate. Most flirting is done through Instagram and Snapchat too apparently. I’ve heard the dating game is rough these days and I’ve been out of it for 10 years so what do I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You talking about from a date or potential date? I wouldn’t call, millennials hate calls and girls tend to be weirded out by them...text first after a couple days. Right away seems desperate. Most flirting is done through Instagram and Snapchat too apparently. I’ve heard the dating game is rough these days and I’ve been out of it for 10 years so what do I know?

Well the I just met is pretty old fashioned, like she brought up me calling her.

I dont think he is a millennial. The youngest millennials are in their early 20s and hes only 19!

Dating tips by Jon . Should be a weekly podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back