• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...it's going to get real around here for the next few weeks. Mid-January can't come fast enough.

Assume everyone saw Grit's winter forecast, great read.
Mid January ? Good grief its only Nov 9th. I want snow now !!!

I'm quite ok if December features some variability. But this waiting on getting deep into January every year before we even have a shot at winter is ridiculous. It seems like every year, we're talking about a back-loaded winter. Nothing better than highlighting the winter by chasing March snowstorms that get destroyed by a high sun angle and mix with rain as the temp sits at 34.
Yeah seriously. By late Jan everyone is sick of winter and ready for spring. Lets get some snow when people are still in the winter mood.

Yeah seriously. By late Jan everyone is sick of winter and ready for spring. Lets get some snow when people are still in the winter mood.
As an aside, anyone that gets sick of winter in mid-January needs to be ejected from the boards until May. :)

Can't believe I'm saying this but if I continue to fail to get any job I might try to chase a winter storm down the road this winter. Main caveats would be, my parents probably wouldn't want me to do it alone and if I had to they'd probably only begrudgingly agree to LaFayette, trying to get a friend that doesn't exactly like cold to agree, and it could be my first attempt at driving on icy roads (this one really gives me pause). The easiest case would be LaFayette since I'd have relatives to stay with and everything else I'd have to think through as I wouldn't just ride around and sleep in my car, I'd most likely pick a place to stop at and stay. If it were up to me, anything that is not much longer than 5 hours is a very doable drive for me. Tiring but doable.

Thanks accu for giving me that temptation.

Can't believe I'm saying this but if I continue to fail to get any job I might try to chase a winter storm down the road this winter. Main caveats would be, my parents probably wouldn't want me to do it alone and if I had to they'd probably only begrudgingly agree to LaFayette, trying to get a friend that doesn't exactly like cold to agree, and it could be my first attempt at driving on icy roads (this one really gives me pause). The easiest case would be LaFayette since I'd have relatives to stay with and everything else I'd have to think through as I wouldn't just ride around and sleep in my car, I'd most likely pick a place to stop at and stay. If it were up to me, anything that is not much longer than 5 hours is a very doable drive for me. Tiring but doable.

Don't mention it, lol

As an aside, anyone that gets sick of winter in mid-January needs to be ejected from the boards until May. :)

giphy.gif

This fall has really disappointed me. It was in the 80s until Mid October and since then it's been below normal pretty much. So we went from summer to practically winter overnight. Where are my 70 degree and sunny days ?!?!?!?!? Why does it feel like the middle of winter on November 9th ? These weather extremes are driving me nuts.

After thinking about it and watching the models, this system is gonna be a light event. There's no reason for me to chase nothin lol, some people may see little something out of it up in Ark TN. I'll wait and save my time and money for the big dawgs.

After thinking about it and watching the models, this system is gonna be a light event. There's no reason for me to chase nothin lol, some people may see little something out of it up in Ark TN. I'll wait and save my time and money for the big dawgs.
You could go to KY. I bet they will get some snow out of this.

Just ordered a 66” snow sled for firewood and outdoor activity. I may have just jinxed the entire SouthernWX forum and for that I apologize

Just ordered a 66” snow sled for firewood and outdoor activity. I may have just jinxed the entire SouthernWX forum and for that I apologize
How can you be jinxing the board? You've already got the largest jinx not far from you already that's going to keep most of your snow away. ;)

Ban me for this ... but ... :eek:
This is Southern WX, not IMBY Weather ...
We range from Texas, to Indiana, to Tennessee, to Virginia, to Florida and all spots in between.
The dynamics and patterns and pipelines across the region (and the continent, and the globe) are far more interesting than frost or a 5 minute shower in some one location or other.
Unless there is something just a tad bit unusual in a location someone lives in, why the PBP on microcosmic stuff that has nothing to do with regional weather dynamics?
Can we do a thread for everyone's IMBY PBP and preserve the main topics for general (and specific) weather and not immediate personal observations that mean nothing 10 miles away or a couple minutes later ...
Your Curmudgeon ... :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back