Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief nobody is mad. Me and a few others just disagreed about the fact a name was chosen so quickly and about of nowhere. Most of the previous threads were ideas by members as well, but they were discussed. If this caused drama in some' s eyes then maybe we should default to a poll. One thing is for sure we don't want people to think anyone is angry at anyone else or to call people out. I am sure all of us are mature enough to discuss things like adults and solutions can be worked out. :)
Poll sounds good and a judicious way to do it if multiple people have suggestions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: whatalife
The more I think on the notion - all we'd need is Arlo Guthrie to write us a song, and we'd have an on-line movement ...
Most folks on here are too young to remember "Alice's Restaurant". If you have never heard it, I would suggest you take time to listen. It will make you talk to yourself... or at least sing out loud.

Reactions: accu35
When did Brick move to Texas?

giphy.gif

Reactions: accu35
Just trying to add some levity. My wife said I should be a "peace maker" not a "Sh$& stirrer".

Seriously concerned about my friends and co-workers in our Corporate Offices in Houston. I have been trying to warn some of them it could be worse than they think. I keep getting " we've been through this before and it is never as bad as they say". All I can do is try and explain using reason.

Just trying to add some levity. My wife said I should be a "peace maker" not a "Sh$& stirrer".

Seriously concerned about my friends and co-workers in our Corporate Offices in Houston. I have been trying to warn some of them it could be worse than they think. I keep getting " we've been through this before and it is never as bad as they say". All I can do is try and explain using reason.
I think what is scarier is that if you have a real emergency, emergency services won't attempt to get to you during the storm. Evacuation from flood zones and coastal areas around the landfall locations sounds like a good option if anyone wants to avoid being stuck. The flooding should be more of a concern than the winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.