• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonysc said:
I was a registered member at the time of the last storm but was locked out during it. Was wondering why.

We had some technical problems that should be taken care of now.  Apologies for the problems it caused.

dbe0d0231643ee6f7ac2ca30137dc130.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What does that even mean that JB is trying to say? I thought the GEFS was supposed to help figure out if the OP was on to a solution or not.

Testing tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

metwannabe said:
Shawn said:
Testing tapatalk

Working

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good deal.  Hopefully everyone's tapatalk issues are sorted out.  If not, try to log in to the actual website first and then back in on your phones. :)

Shawn said:
metwannabe said:
Shawn said:
Testing tapatalk

Working

Good deal.  Hopefully everyone's tapatalk issues are sorted out.  If not, try to log in to the actual website first and then back in on your phones. :)
Yep good 'ol clear your cache, logout/shut it down/restart/login fix just like duct tape....works for everything [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Great job man!

Shawn said:
tonysc said:
I was a registered member at the time of the last storm but was locked out during it. Was wondering why.

We had some technical problems that should be taken care of now.  Apologies for the problems it caused.

Thanks Shawn, I thought it might be something like that. I do realize ya'll had just got the site up and running well just before that.

Some copy cat of me over @ AW going by "Timothy Clyde". I hope they ban his ***. They (the mods&admin) know it's not me or they would have banned that account already. Who the hell makes up a name like that anyways? I must be famous or something to have these fan boys.

WilkesboroDude said:
Some copy cat of me over @ AW going by "Timothy Clyde". I hope they ban his ***. They (the mods&admin) know it's not me or they would have banned that account already. Who the hell makes up a name like that anyways? I must be famous or something to have these fan boys.

Yep he is trouble. He apparently tried to get GSP's best forecaster in trouble because he didn't like the AFD she wrote.

JHS said:
WilkesboroDude said:

Yep he is trouble. He apparently tried to get GSP's best forecaster in trouble because he didn't like the AFD she wrote.

Good grief. Some of these people out there...  :s

Any idea why I can't see the last several posts in linear mode in the January thread? I'm on a iPad and it just started happening.

Well, after a break from the last storm I am starting to follow things again. The models were way off here with the amount of snow they were showing for here, but it was still a decent storm. Not sure I will be as active as I used to be because they are cracking down on people using the Internet at work. Been there 14 years and never had a problem getting my work done. Not my fault my brain works differently and I am smart enough to actually get my work done and can read something online at the same time. Funny thing is my manager used to ask me for updates whenever there is a potential winter storm. It's silly how some see using the Internet at work as wasting time worse than others who take smoke breaks all day or walk around and chat all day long

Brick Tamland said:
Well, after a break from the last storm I am starting to follow things again. The models were way off here with the amount of snow they were showing for here, but it was still a decent storm. Not sure I will be as active as I used to be because they are cracking down on people using the Internet at work. Been there 14 years and never had a problem getting my work done. Not my fault my brain works differently and I am smart enough to actually get my work done and can read something online at the same time. Funny thing is my manager used to ask me for updates whenever there is a potential winter storm. It's silly how some see using the Internet at work as wasting time worse than others who take smoke breaks all day or walk around and chat all day long
This sucks

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Brick Tamland said:
to hell with them brick . tell them your GIF posts are needed in the weather world

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 said:
Brick Tamland said:
Well, after a break from the last storm I am starting to follow things again. The models were way off here with the amount of snow they were showing for here, but it was still a decent storm. Not sure I will be as active as I used to be because they are cracking down on people using the Internet at work. Been there 14 years and never had a problem getting my work done. Not my fault my brain works differently and I am smart enough to actually get my work done and can read something online at the same time. Funny thing is my manager used to ask me for updates whenever  there is a potential winter storm. It's silly how some see using the Internet at work as wasting time worse than others who take smoke breaks all day or walk around and chat all day long
to hell with them brick . tell them your GIF posts are needed in the weather world

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have but a very few rules in my office - you must be clothed appropriately for a professional environment, you must say "Yes Sir/Mam" and "No Sir/Mam" to all outsiders, and no eating at the desk. I don't care if you get the work done standing on your head, with the internet going or earbuds blasting (if the clients can't hear it!) - so long as the work gets done correctly, efficiently, and timely, and most importantly that it's professionally done going out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back