• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana has an amazing diversity of weather, winter and spring in particular, but otherwise, you'd fine yourself bored ...
I think a lot of states are like that. Alabama is a very boring state also. I guess my favorite part of Alabama is the gulf coast. One good thing about Indiana is it's very close to a lot of decent size cities such as Cincinnati, Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus. For someone who has a passion in weather, any southern state would be considered boring.

Indiana has an amazing diversity of weather, winter and spring in particular, but otherwise, you'd fine yourself bored ...
Seems the opposite in Florida. Lots to do, lots of places to go, but weather is almost the same all year long in the coastal areas, and of course that is from experience. I remember getting a frost was only a few times a winter at most.

Here's what I wonder about, and it's just a curiosity (maybe not likely due to La Nina, but still...):

Augusta, GA:
2-12-10: 8 inches of snow
2-12-14: Major ice storm (Thankfully, I was away from Augusta for this one)
2-12-18: ?????

Seems the opposite in Florida. Lots to do, lots of places to go, but weather is almost the same all year long in the coastal areas, and of course that is from experience. I remember getting a frost was only a few times a winter at most.
Yeah, Florida seems like it would be a fun place to live. If i could just get past the fact that its hot all year and the weather is boring.

I "Like" this, but with a caveat - where I am is Florida for political reasons only ... really south Georgia (no kidding)

If you can live with the ever looming threat of hurricanes, tons of rain and thunderstorms, high humidity, a very dense population in the coastal regions, and of course the heat, then sure it would be fun.
I just don't know if I could handle the humidity, bugs, and hurricanes. It's bad enough in Georgia ! I think I wouldn't mind living in a place like NC that gets every season, is guaranteed snow every winter, and has a beautiful coastline and mountains plus several big cities. NC has it all !

Noticed Ryan Maue is going to add a 46 day EPS to his site... Sounds like a lot of fantasy storms available for all to see are coming. Either that or a lot of horrible appearances.

If you can live with the ever looming threat of hurricanes, tons of rain and thunderstorms, high humidity, a very dense population in the coastal regions, and of course the heat, then sure it would be fun.
I lived in Orlando for 18 years. Those are the reasons I would not go back (that and the mosquitoes there are the size of birds). Of course I move back to Atlanta and in six months I have seen a tropical storm and seven inches of snow so it sure hasn’t been boring here.

Good grief.
Noticed Ryan Maue is going to add a 46 day EPS to his site... Sounds like a lot of fantasy storms available for all to see are coming. Either that or a lot of horrible appearances.

That's just the Euro weeklies we already get thru weatherbell (if you have a subscription) nothing special or out of the ordinary about it. It is nice he's making it free however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back