• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I really feel the 27th-3rd is the period we need to watch. Although I feel like the first system will cut, but the next storm is the one we need to watch out for. I also would not be surprised to see one sneak up on us on Christmas day, even though the models are not showing it. You also could argue the 27th-5th. I could see a storm occurring every day during that period. :eek::confused:
Lol!!

I personally think sun angle is more important than ground temps when it comes to snow sticking.
So that's why we have our biggest snows in January and Feb, not when the sun angle is the best? That is not a huge factor, it's just not. It might be a bigger factor in melting it off the roads later in the season, that's true, but not sticking to the ground if it's frozen.

So that's why we have our biggest snows in January and Feb, not when the sun angle is the best? That is not a huge factor, it's just not.
The sun angle is still pretty low in January and also December of course. I've been screwed countless times in late Feb and March when it comes to snow. Only in March can it snow moderately all day and hardly none of it stick. I really started to question the ground temps theory after James Spann said that ground temps would limit snow to under an inch in this past snowstorm.

Nice GFS run.

wrAsQE9.gif

I'm taking a break. I've had it with the models. They're hardly worth following any more. Even 7 days out they've been horrible. Whatever happened to the monster Arctic high? Was a fake apparently. Whatever happened to the near record -EPO? I don't see predictions like that any more. It was also a fake.

I think somebody already posted in the thread.
Just saw it. Looks like an increase from 0z. That’s all we can ask for at this point. Pretty strong signal for the CAD areas at least.

Edit: Slight decrease on the mean, but very similar to 0z.

I’m loving the last 24 hours of this thread. There’s Some absolutely insane and ridiculous posts but very entertaining to say the least. And not to beat a dead horse but it’s still December people. Once the 2nd week of January rolls around is when you’ll start to see me move ever so slightly towards the edge of the cliff. Until then as long as there’s no week plus of above normal temps I’m all good.

I really do not like the ensemble member MSLP/Wintry maps for the SC areas from the 12z EPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back