• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland said:
And now the totals go down here and the NW trend stops. Just great.

You still got the king on your side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brick Tamland said:

I like where we are, I would rather play in real snow vs 240 hr snow

It's the weekend, low impact, climatology is against it, Euro is not on board, absolutely go with the Euro.

But I am secretly all in on the GFS!

Storm5 said:
gfs gives me 2-3 ....all in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GFS has been stubborn for slight accumulations all along for our area.  It will be interesting as the day goes on and we get in range of the mesoscale models how they match up (or not) with this

Storm5 said:
1b92db5b34f8dcf0e4510699159f7617.jpg

I think most should be be encouraged by the 12z gfs...not saying its totally right, but it was colder and more wide spread with precipitation...I know NC are not so much, and I can understand that for sure.

Brick Tamland said:

so your mad about 2-3 inches of snow

all in
3b6e239f7e56bd77c517f23baff5eabd.jpg

Looks like the RGEM might be about to show the Tennessee Valley some love???...

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

This run looks much more realistic with the more expansive QPF field. 700mb RH saturation and good UVVS have been there the last few runs put the precipitation field wasn't reflecting that. Not to mention a still mostly untapped gulf with rich moisture to work with. This has felt like an I20 special..2-3" type system to me all along. Lucky for us it's early January and falling at night mostly. Let's hope good trends continue

weatherfide said:
It's the weekend, low impact, climatology is against it, Euro is not on board, absolutely go with the Euro.

But I am secretly all in on the GFS!
who cares If it's the weekend

Brick Tamland said:
Smh, you know the Euro and all other models will all favor you. lol

Claycochaser said:
This run looks much more realistic with the more expansive QPF field. 700mb RH saturation and good UVVS have been there the last few runs put the precipitation field wasn't reflecting that. Not to mention a still mostly untapped gulf with rich moisture to work with. This has felt like an I20 special..2-3" type system to me all along. Lucky for us it's early January and falling at night mostly. Let's hope good trends continue
good points

Looking better for North Georgia this run. Bullseye NW by several miles.

Claycochaser said:

on the same page with you

SD said:
Brick Tamland said:

I like where we are, I would rather play in real snow vs 240 hr snow

+100000  plus if it misses us I'd much rather it miss south so some of those that don't get in on winter weather as often can enjoy it, even our SC member(s) that love to hate on us NC peeps.

HixsonWX said:
Looks like the RGEM might be about to show the Tennessee Valley some love???...

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png
 what is that 1010 low in the gulf?

Brick Tamland said:

Bumped up totals for the mountains and WNC despite the low being a lot weaker -- I'd say in general that's a good sign about how healthy precip will be on the northern edge of this, including for you.

Keep in mind 3 runs ago you didn't have a flake on the GFS and now you're at 2"+ on every model.

WXinCanton said:

That is quite the snow gradient between Dalton (almost nothing) and Gainesville around half a foot. Looks like about 3" where I'm sitting. Give me 3" and I'll be happy till next winter.

Back