• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

By 72 the BL issues break in the savannah river valley but it just stinks to see them. Another GFS run and few differences to me again. The precip shield seems to be leaking north but the low doesn't seem to be too much.

That's much better. I can live with that.

We have today and tomorrow to sweez out improvement

Something to be said about the consistency of goofus....even though by 12z Friday, we'll all probably wish we could call Roy D. Mercer to do his thing with that model, among others.

gfs gives me 2-3 ....all in

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Liking that GFS run. Unfortunately, GFS likes to break my heart. We'll see...

Storm5 said:
1b92db5b34f8dcf0e4510699159f7617.jpg

not trying to bias bc I from ATL, what the storm totals look more realistic everywhere.

The surface low is again far to the south and is about 2 mb weaker. Hopefully, that weakening is not going to be a new trend. The good news is that the surface high to the north is holding on and maybe even a tick stronger.
If the low does move across C FL like that, it would be highly doubtful ATL gets non-wintry precip to dominate.

Looking good here for me, big snow

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

MRX is going with the Euro. They aren't buying the GFS solution.

ATLWxFan said:
Storm5 said:
great run for atlanta

I won't re-post the sled pic EVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed this for you.  You're welcome  :p

GaWx said:
The surface low us again far to the south and is about 2 mb weaker. Hopefully, that weakening is not going to be a new trend. The good news is that the surface high to the north is holding on and maybe even a tick stronger.
it looks a little north of previous runs. still way down there though

Storm5 said:
gfs gives me 2-3 ....all in

We r going to crush and burn...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better run, keeps me on my phone all day again lol

And now the totals go down here and the NW trend stops. Just great.

GFS put us in Alabama back on life support. It was just about time for the "stop watching models look out the window" posts to appear lol

Best part of that run was the colder trend

Back