• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Little more qpf and 850's little colder thru 36

SD said:
I would expect the NAM to end up similar to the 6z GFS. I dont think you are going to get the farther NW look of the non US models but I could be wrong

Ya. We shall see soon. Looks healthier and front is near 20

Deltadog03 said:
SD said:
I would expect the NAM to end up similar to the 6z GFS. I dont think you are going to get the farther NW look of the non US models but I could be wrong

Ya. We shall see soon. Looks healthier and front is near 20

keep pushing front!

Oh yeah, looking good on NAM...the wave isn't as flat either

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Precip breaking out at hr36...

nam_namer_036_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Paul Barys WRCB calling for 1-3" of Snow @KCHA & SE TN ❄ as posted MRX thinks 2" for duration of 30 hour event. Us chattanoogans holding to hope.

stormcentral said:
Paul Barys WRCB calling for 1-3" of Snow @KCHA & SE TN [SNOWFLAKE] as posted MRX thinks 2" for duration of 30 hour event. Us chattanoogans holding to hope.
30 hour event lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know right lol 30 hours of flurries lmao

Storm5 said:
stormcentral said:
Paul Barys WRCB calling for 1-3" of Snow @KCHA & SE TN as posted MRX thinks 2" for duration of 30 hour event. Us chattanoogans holding to hope.
30 hour event lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Now that's funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stormcentral said:
Paul Barys WRCB calling for 1-3" of Snow @KCHA & SE TN as posted MRX thinks 2" for duration of 30 hour event. Us chattanoogans holding to hope.

I'll take this in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New to the board, hello everyone from Florence, SC

Cold is having a little hard time pushing fully into the SE...but its trying.

The more high pressure to the north of the low near the mid-Atlantic coast, generally the better for colder two meter temperatures during the precip. assuming all other things being held the same. That's another thing to root for imo.

Deltadog03 said:
Cold is having a little hard time pushing fully into the SE...but its trying.

did it pass through ATL?

S/W weakens to 06z levels by 54 hrs.

The 12z NAM is almost identical to the 6z GFS at the same time period for the upper levels....Not good if you live in AL.

Def a bit more cold, but were gonna need it to trend like this all day!

Shat.. No precip in North Georgia on this run.

Could get seriously cold after this system passes Fri/Sat in parts of the SE US. Single digit lows seem probable in NC/VA over areas that have a decent, fresh snow/ice pack on the ground early next week. Brrr

Back