• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
SnowrockinGA said:
Deltadog03 said:
great changes all the way around, but still too warm at hr 72...yes its better, moisture moving in...but its all rain at this point. it appears

For Atlanta or what areas?
precip is south of atlanta

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
How's it look for BHM?

baby step in the right direction . time is a ticking we are on the clock now

I swear this is more moisture...wintry mix bag from CAE to RDU at hr84 elsewhere too warm...

Shawn, I thought you said the colder air was able to filter in ahead of time which would help a lot of people ?

Looks like it develops way too late for western areas.

Storm5 said:

Was the 12z a cold rain also, but this run was colder?

good run for NC

Storm5 said:

Yup....now the temps start to really come into play imo

SoutheastRidge said:
Shawn, I thought you said the colder air was able to filter in ahead of time which would help a lot of people ?

That was to a question about precip arriving later, not the current 00z Euro run.

Seriously, lots of wrong pbp posts for days on this board, can we start warning people for that? Doesn't happen much on other boards. I haven't said anything about this before but we are getting closer to the event.

SoutheastRidge said:
Storm5 said:
good run for NC

bad run for all of North GA ?
precip shield kept further south . but in general it was NW of 12z . need it to develop earlier for our areas

Starting to think if you live south of Atlanta, you better start praying for better temps

4e3b77f371e3202fdb9699be83f7c7d8.jpg

SnowFlowXXL said:
Starting to think if you live south of Atlanta, you better start praying for better temps

Nothing worse than a cold rain after you were expecting snow. Its like a slap in the face.

Back