• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

even bigger changes from 12z run at hour 54....more bundled energy over NV dropping SE and def. decrease in NB interaction.

Goldman75 said:
Assuming the precip is a little slower getting to us  the stronger it gets?

The colder is able to filter in ahead of time which helps a lot of people. If its slower to get here there is likely less shearing and the energy stays bundled together so likely stronger.

Our high is starting to build in at hr 60...still big changes from the 12z run with stream interaction and the vort looks more almost Neutral tilted...or trying too.... lets see where this ends up

So I ran the Cobb output from gfs I had to run it for Tuskegee about 30miles southwest of me it showed total snow of 3.2.

Chris, I think this is going to be a good one. Not sure about temps yet, but the wave is much better. Night and day better actually!

Storm5 said:
still don't see 8 whiffs
5555f71a6f36564dd185932215d8a857.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

At this point I would take any of the members that have CHA painted blue in a heartbeat. Of course I obviously really love e2 and e5...

hr66...about completely separate from norther stream....still need to be colder, but it appears colder than 12z run.

Shawn said:
Chris, I think this is going to be a good one.  Not sure about temps yet, but the wave is much better.  Night and day better actually!

Agreed!

precip looks further south

great changes all the way around, but still too warm at hr 72...yes its better, moisture moving in...but its all rain at this point. it appears

Deltadog03 said:
great changes all the way around, but still too warm at hr 72...yes its better, moisture moving in...but its all rain at this point. it appears

For Atlanta or what areas?

SnowrockinGA said:
Deltadog03 said:

For Atlanta or what areas?
precip is south of atlanta

Thundersnow89 said:
Storm5 said:

Couldnt sleep?
Haha I was only 15 minutes away son stayed up

precip further NW this run

Storm5 said:

no prob for moisture...but outside maybe NC with some light snow, and possibly on NW side, its all rain at this point....a cold butt rain....hr 78

It's ok. The precip will trend northward over the next couple of days like it does almost every time.

Back