• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

In general for anyone in this region, 11 of 20 are decent to good hits, 8 are light to whiffs and I might be missing one.

Edit: I just found the one I missed. I wouldn't even be mad if that was the solution as that has wintry precip in south GA.

I am kinda having mixed feelings about what's going to happen. I am really glad I found this website to follow the storm. I was really sad that Talkweather was down during such a "great snow" potential. I am really sleepy though and probably need to get into my bed so I can sleep. But....I will be back tomorrow. Thanks everyone and I really feel like many are going to see snow with this one!

gefs looks just like 18z except a little lighter to the west

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is the 00z GEFS Mean again but with counties. Here in CAE, it's less but still not bad for a mean. The V-day storm where we got 8-9 inches started off like these numbers.

CoreyandFrosty said:
I am kinda having mixed feelings about what's going to happen. I am really glad I found this website to follow the storm. I was really sad that Talkweather was down during such a "great snow" potential. I am really sleepy though and probably need to get into my bed so I can sleep. But....I will be back tomorrow. Thanks everyone and I really feel like many are going to see snow with this one!

Great to have you back Corey and yeah I feel like most people on here will see snow, even if its a little.

gefs mean is actually a good bit lighter for alabama and Georgia

We will likely be disabling guest browsing tomorrow. We only do this to make sure our members are able to access the website. Please register. Activation is instant and simple.

NWS Peachtree not willing to make any accumulation calls as of 940pm tonight. Curious to see these models in the next 72 hours.

I believe the storm will over perform once sampled

Shawn, does that 00z gets map show ice and sleet as well or just snow? Myrtle beach area here and use to getting pellets when just 50 miles inland gets snow

And hi all, wasnt a part of your old community, but saw this on American and really like the atmosphere here so far :). Mostly a lurker so ty in advance to everyone with much more knowledge than I. Good luck to whoever can reel this one in.

Goldman75 said:
Shawn, does that 00z gets map show ice and sleet as well or just snow?  Myrtle beach area here and use to getting pellets when just 50 miles inland gets snow

And hi all, was t a part of your old community, but saw this on American and really like the atmosphere here so far :). Mostly a lurker so ty in advance to everyone with much more knowledge than I.  Good luck to whoever can reel this one in.

Yes, some of them do.  I think even KCHS (Charleston SC) are adding rain changing to snow for inland areas as the low pulls away based on GFS if that helps.

Spann stated earlier I believe that the models have a hard time with this type of cold air. I am paraphrasing of course.

Euro predictions?

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

still don't see 8 whiffs
5555f71a6f36564dd185932215d8a857.gif

The storm out west should be fully on shore by 06z and definitely by 12z. To my FFC area folks, I am meeting with a manager/meteorologist there (Steve Nelson) tomorrow afternoon and we'll surly discuss the potential and what they're thinking.

huge euro run coming... i am logged in on my computer and can't login on my phone. it won't send me an email how to reset my password

bouncycorn said:
The storm out west should be fully on shore by 06z and definitely by 12z. To my FFC area folks, I am meeting with a manager/meteorologist there (Steve Nelson) tomorrow afternoon and we'll surly discuss the potential and what they're thinking.

Don't tell us what he says unless it's something good :)

Cannot believe I found this group! Thanks to whoever posted this on the other board! Missed TW!

Onto the Euro!!!

--30--

Back