• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

bouncycorn said:
If trends and climatology pan out, I could see areas south of i20 (or south of Atlanta) receiving mostly rain.

Spalding County southward.

Live in Atlanta, but will be in the south metro this weekend. Not sure how too feel lol

When will the euro actually reach the point where we can see our storm? I got to get up early. Will it be out at maybe 1:10 am?

I just want Tony to get his sleet so he will be happy.

SnowFlowXXL said:
Live in Atlanta, but will be in the south metro this weekend.  Not sure how too feel lol

Metro Atlanta will be fine..trust me

Local Media hopping all over the RPM model... the worst model in all of meteorology. Shows rain moving into NGA around 6am Friday then all out by midday friday with very light accumulations limted to extreme northwest Georgia.

So is there two waves?! The model on WSB showed a wave early Friday and then more Friday night and Saturday?? North GA. I'm so lost lol. Everyone saying something totally different on the networks here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bouncycorn said:
Local Media hopping all over the RPM model... the worst model in all of meteorology. Shows rain moving into NGA around 6am Friday then all out by midday friday with very light accumulations limted to extreme northwest Georgia.

Thats most of the local news in house model.  Always shows very little

Jeff Hill totally said "some models show huge amounts like 3 to 4" but that's not gonna happen" then showed the RPM

bouncycorn said:

Is that from the first wave and then another wave brings snow on Fri night and Sat morning ?

I gotta get to my bed. I'm gonna be sleepy tomorrow if I don't. See you guys later.

CoreyandFrosty said:
I gotta get to my bed. I'm gonna be sleepy tomorrow if I don't. See you guys later.

Night bro.

bouncycorn said:
Jeff Hill totally said "some models show huge amounts like 3 to 4" but that's not gonna happen" then showed the RPM
Actually three to four inches is realistic in the higher convective snow bands.

I will say this...whether I was right or wrong...I did show models for sure, but I ALWAYS made my own forecast...ie maps...I always thought if you want someone to believe you and trust your forecast, you have to do the work and make your own forecasted map for the storm...

bouncycorn said:

I can't tell you how many times the Atlanta news stations does this. They are extremely conservative 3 days out. Always have been. Especially Fox 5. I would much rather get my information on here than any of the media outlets.

SoutheastRidge said:
CoreyandFrosty said:

Night bro.

Good night. Thanks for telling me about this website.

Well...I have no idea why I stayed up...but I did....euro come bro!

bouncycorn said:
If trends and climatology pan out, I could see areas south of i20 (or south of Atlanta) receiving mostly rain.

LOL!!!!!!! this dude is a total troll

SnowFlowXXL said:
Ken Cook used to be the worst lmao

Yeah he was. Great guy but wow was he conservative. It really annoyed me. Of course maybe its best to be conservative when you forecast for a city that averages about 2" per year.

Back