• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/7/17-1/10/17 Winter Storm

Storm5 said:
Yeah the change over the upper great Lakes is huge . it's forcing it to dog a little more . could be a carolina special incoming

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

also if that trend continues, there will be a north shift...but it might just be a fluke

FLO said:
Just saw on the other board it was a terrible run. The guy was from NC. It kills me. lol

I've learned to watch the locale of the individual when it's a "terrible run."  I've seen folks from South Carolina do the same.  It's all about locale when it comes to "good" and "bad" runs.

Cary_Snow95 said:
FLO said:
Just saw on the other board it was a terrible run. The guy was from NC. It kills me. lol

Obviously us people north of you won't like it south. Don't know why that's funny to you

Because they are doing PBP of the model, when doing that I would think you could just say what you see.

I love where we sit 3 days out . GFS is furthest to the south m how many times have we seen this dance

Cary_Snow95 said:
FLO said:

Obviously us people north of you won't like it south. Don't know why that's funny to you

Agree.  I've been on the wrong end of this stuff several times.

Storm5 said:
I love where we sit 3 days out . GFS is furthest to the south m how many times have we seen this dance

Exactly Storm... we are in a good position right now!

Storm5 said:
I have comfort in knowing the surface low is too far south after seeing all the 12z runs

Yes, I agree the low is too far south. That heavier snow band that goes through Southern Alabama and south of Atlanta should be more North. And for Northern Alabama, yikes dry slot.

ARCC said:
That is a powerful SW fetch at 700mb. That is also very cold aloft. Precip should be more widespread with higher ratios.
Yeah you can already tell . that run was more juicy. now we wait for 00z

Is the low too far south? More than likely that's the case, per climatologically. But, there have a been a handful of times where the low was well into central Florida, per southern snowstorms.

ARCC said:
That is a powerful SW fetch at 700mb. That is also very cold aloft. Precip should be more widespread with higher ratios.

I totally agree, show me an Alabama snowfall where you have two bands of heavy snow with nothing in between...it is a little further south for sweet spot to be on I-20, but also the precip shield should be more spread out.

I'm going to be so pissed if that dry slot plays out. This thing's got to come North...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

gfs_asnow_seus_20.png

ColaSnow said:
FLO said:

I've learned to watch the locale of the individual when it's a "terrible run."  I've seen folks from South Carolina do the same.  It's all about locale when it comes to "good" and "bad" runs.
  Someone is always crying when the last flake has fallen.  It's the way of winter weather in the south.  It rarely hits everyone.  If I get 5 to 7 it will be payback for all the dustings I've gotten while Atl shuts down, and NC is buried.  Things even out over time...but you have to put the time in. T

Back