• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

If this is really true I don’t know why I even bothered to join this forum lol it seems impossible for my area. Just about as impossible as Florida.
You just need the right kind of setup, NW flow usually doesn’t work out. You need overrunning a perfect upper low track to your south or a super amped coastal-slightly inland sfc low to really maximize snow there

Thats a hard pill to swallow watching literally everybody else around u getting flakes. Toccoa and Oconee and parts of Anderson...we suck
Yes it does. this is not the best set up for us with the mountains blocking the cold air (or delaying it long enough for the moisture to get out). I am usually hopeful in these situations but usually end up being bummed lol

If this is really true I don’t know why I even bothered to join this forum lol it seems impossible for my area. Just about as impossible as Florida.
It’s amazing watching downslope effect Oconee, Pickens, Anderson, and western Greenville counties. Areas from Taylors, SC west might be able to sneak some flakes tonight and tomorrow

0z soundings should come out in the next 2 hours or so this evening, I really need to see those to be 100% sure if the NAM or HRRR is handling this upper low properly as it pertains to NC’s snow prospects. It looks like sfc obs and radar are supporting the HRRR I just don’t want it to be a mirage either lol.

Back