• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

So to be clear, this afternoon's snow was "anafrontal" (the new apparent buzz word) and that was picked up by basically the GFS and Canadian. The HRRR verdict is yet to be determined because it was on the upper level feature, correct?
Well, I got patches of sleet for an hour, so it wasn't anaassel, lol. Merry Xmas, sir!

Latest HRRR actually snowing a nice half inch in the northern piedmont of nc at the tail end of the system later tonight. Will be interesting to see if that comes true

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm probably in-between BufordWX and NoSnowAtl on the Buford/Braselton line. We had rain, sleet and then all snow for about 20 minutes. Normally we don't do well with these setups at all so maybe that gives hope to some of you down the line.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Same thing here, waiting for a round 2.

Not very often we see a sub 520dm H5 closing off late through the southern OH valley, not in mid to late Dec. For some tomorrow, convective bands look to be on tap w/ SN dominant p-type.

Timing...12/25, no other way to state it, zero dark to late evening possibly. Bands will be narrow, already some indications of where they may set-up, I do feel confident someone outside elevation will see 1-2”, between Lumberton and Charlotte maybe, also through parts of north GA, isolated.

Almost everyone is getting a flash freeze Christmas afternoon and evening. Solid look top down on soundings with strong evidence of lee side enhancement, ~25C 850 DP change over the course of 60 miles, and there are significant pockets of stacked lift in the higher RH areas.

Back