• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

⚡️ Christmas naders ? ⚡️ (12/23 - 12/25 severe weather threat)

HRRR looking rough.

89225ff68c9663d57134adef3d61ac7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s what I’m thinking, areas in the first circle have a isolated tornado threat, but a much bigger chance of damaging winds, it doesn’t take much to drag down those strong winds aloft with this sort of setup, LLJ is around 70-80kts which is insane
Areas around 77/East have a better shot at isolated tornadoes/Convective damaging winds gusts

2nd circle is where there’s a higher tornado threat, as some isolated supercells May form around this area, and is also where the best instability will be, the squall line should have better access to cape in ENC/ESC
A92DADAD-6FC2-493D-BF80-3BA7A8E6F7B2.png

The kind of parameters the NAM is currently spitting out remind me a little of the Easter Outbreak we had earlier this year :oops:

Cape values are definitely lower with this setup... but these high shear/low cape setups are vastly unpredictable..

I've seen setups like this produce next to nothing to surprise EF4 tornadoes...

Hrrr is basically a QLCS with embedded rotation with storms out ahead, a QLCS like that would drag plenty of wind down, hrrr also has some super-cellular looking stuff east A6A7D338-50E3-4559-A728-19E8198A4208.pngE56A7958-8407-4C56-A9D5-90CB60283276.pngF7C775C7-D6C2-4473-BA1B-790574C5B02D.png948436DD-9188-469C-9327-DEB80ED9037B.png

Sort of concerns me that line fractures as it heads into some of the better cape and dynamics over towards ENC/ESC. Those semi-discrete cells spell trouble potentially.
Yeah I’m honestly thinking between 77-95 there’s more of a wind/isolated tor threat while areas East of 95 have a more higher tor threat, I imagine they’ll expand the slight west and perhaps introduce our first enhanced in a while

Here’s what I’m thinking, areas in the first circle have a isolated tornado threat, but a much bigger chance of damaging winds, it doesn’t take much to drag down those strong winds aloft with this sort of setup, LLJ is around 70-80kts which is insane
Areas around 77/East have a better shot at isolated tornadoes/Convective damaging winds gusts

2nd circle is where there’s a higher tornado threat, as some isolated supercells May form around this area, and is also where the best instability will be, the squall line should have better access to cape in ENC/ESC
View attachment 59505
Hrrr is basically a QLCS with embedded rotation with storms out ahead, a QLCS like that would drag plenty of wind down, hrrr also has some super-cellular looking stuff east View attachment 59524View attachment 59525View attachment 59526View attachment 59527
That's getting awfully close to me with that line. If that 19z map verifies, there will be very widespread wind damage over much of central NC and SC. Then maybe a big hail and tornado threat from Florence and Raleigh east when the line breaks up if the next map works out.

Yeah I’m honestly thinking between 77-95 there’s more of a wind/isolated tor threat while areas East of 95 have a more higher tor threat, I imagine they’ll expand the slight west and perhaps introduce our first enhanced in a while
I mentioned this a few weeks ago that the last Enhanced risk anywhere was on September 5th. Pretty unusual to go 3 and a half months without one.

Very, even tho winter weather is possible with blocking, I wouldn’t sleep on severe either

Not sure how old you are but when I was in grade school I remember having to take cover In the halls for tornado warnings and then the next day we got out early for snow.....maybe 1985 or 86

Back