• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

⚡️ Christmas naders ? ⚡️ (12/23 - 12/25 severe weather threat)

Lol uh oh. Welp, here comes an outbreak
I’m wondering how far west we can get this atp, more we slow that trough down and allow it to tilt much more favorably, the further west and further more the parameters will be enhanced (doesn’t that remind you of a setup) yay, seems like we can trend towards more severe only nowadays and not snow

The Storm Relative Helicity is freaking off the charts Thursday evening. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen numbers this high just ahead of the squall line.

9af5e0130f5a7c436388cff4f0cc79cb.png

6ec71337b5c2d8f9bbca831e17bea770.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t want to sleep on that severe weather risk for western areas tomorrow/tomorrow night. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a tornado or two along the gulf coast as the storms along the cold front start to get their act together. Looks like the SPC agrees as well to an extent. Already mentioning possible slight risk regions that could be added in future outlooks.

LOW TO MID-LEVEL WIND FIELDS WILL BE STRONG, SUPPORTING STRONGER
STORMS WITH ANY MORE PERSISTENT AND DEEP UPDRAFTS. ANY TORNADO
THREAT WILL BE CONFINED TO AREAS MENTIONED ABOVE WHERE SURFACE-BASED
STORMS ARE MOST LIKELY. UNCERTAINTY IS TOO HIGH TO INTRODUCE 5%

TORNADO PROBABILITIES WITH THIS OUTLOOK, BUT TWO AREAS MAY MERIT AN
UPGRADE IN LATER OUTLOOKS. ONE IS ALONG THE MIDDLE/UPPER TX COAST
WHERE MID 60S DEWPOINTS AND MODEST HEATING MAY RESULT IN GREATER
INSTABILITY. THE OTHER IS OVER THE FL PANHANDLE AND ADJACENT

SOUTHERN AL WHERE STRONG LOW-LEVEL FLOW IS ANTICIPATED EARLY
THURSDAY MORNING.
EE2EF94E-E5DF-4874-8D7D-6182748A7692.jpeg6DFAD69A-103F-4F25-90D1-6A6CCBF92E2C.gif

Last edited:
Probably going to be a pretty solid wind event along the actual line of stormsnamconus_ref_frzn_seus_fh63-72.gif
Winds are rolling at 925 and 850, not going to take a particularly deep line of convection to start forcing that down
925wh.us_ma (2).png
850wh.us_ma.png

Pretty solid squall line on the 12k nam. Gonna be interesting to see if it's close with soundings because of it is then it's certainly got potential to be a bad xmas eve.

Attachments

• 20201222_103433.jpg
    20201222_103433.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 23
Looks like the threat is slowly inching west too. Would not take much more to put my area in it. If timing slips by just 2-3 hours it could get rough. The NAM also has a wedge front in play too, but keeps me on the cool side just long enough for the dynamics to slide by.

Edit : That was 12z NAM. Have not looked at 18z yet.

Back