• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Mischief For Upper SE 3/12/18

Feb 1-10 KSAV mean: 56.5
Mar 1-10 KSAV mean: 55.8

But wait til we get through the 17th to see that much more impressive comparison!

Verbatim this is an inch or so from I85 and points west token flakes elsewhere. Timing was a little better for RDU vs other high res guidance with heavier precip coming in closer to dusk but it’s still not good
View attachment 4444
Yeah, I’m hoping for snow tv with a slushy heavy dusting to a half inch on the high end.

I always love these type of storms where it's really hard to pin down how much or how little snow will fall. It seems middle Kentucky is this place to be but I feel pretty good where I'm at in far northern middle Tennessee. This is definitely one of those situations where it could easily over perform or completely whiff. Honestly if if get a sloppy wet half inch that sticks to the trees I'll be happy.

Verbatim this is an inch or so from I85 and points west token flakes elsewhere. Timing was a little better for RDU vs other high res guidance with heavier precip coming in closer to dusk but it’s still not good
View attachment 4444
It was a slight improvement from 0z I believe. Either way if I can get a burst of moderate snow around dusk on March 12 if only for half hour or so #winning

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I always love these type of storms where it's really hard to pin down how much or how little snow will fall. It seems middle Kentucky is this place to be but I feel pretty good where I'm at in far northern middle Tennessee. This is definitely one of those situations where it could easily over perform or completely whiff. Honestly if if get a sloppy wet half inch that sticks to the trees I'll be happy.

Maybe you can get under something like this starting to get RN/SN mix in circled area... Imagine the rates they will be seeing soon
9EE36F4F-228C-4554-AC97-3981DCD37ECD.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 3.35.27 PM.png
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
325 PM EDT Sun Mar 11 2018

...Rain will transition to a wintry mix across the northern
Piedmont of North Carolina Monday...

.Rain will transition to a mixture of rain, sleet, and heavy wet
snow Monday morning. With surface temperatures hovering near
to just above freezing, significant accumulations are not
expected, however, a period of slush will likely accumulate once
precipitation rates increase. A few slick spots will be possible,
especially in areas along and north of Interstate 85 in the late
afternoon and evening hours.

NCZ007>010-021>025-121100-
/O.NEW.KRAH.WW.Y.0005.180312T1200Z-180313T0000Z/
Person-Granville-Vance-Warren-Forsyth-Guilford-Alamance-Orange-
Durham-
Including the cities of Bushy Fork, Concord, Roxboro, Surl,
Oxford, Butner, Creedmoor, Dabney, Henderson, Norlina, Wise,
Afton, Warrenton, Lake Gaston, Pfafftown, Stanleyville,
Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Lake Townsend, High Point, Burlington,
Graham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Bethesda, Durham,
and Research Triangle
325 PM EDT Sun Mar 11 2018

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 8 PM EDT
MONDAY...

* WHAT...A mixture of rain, sleet, and wet snow expected. Total
snow/sleet accumulations of up to two inches will be possible,
with localized higher amounts.

* WHERE...The Northern Piedmont Counties of central North
Carolina.

* WHEN...From 8 AM to 8 PM EDT Monday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions,
including during the evening commute on Monday. Be prepared
for reduced visibilities at times.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Weather Advisory for wet snow means periods of wet snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. The latest road conditions for North Carolina can be
found online at DriveNC.gov.

Nashville finally pulled the trigger on a winter weather advisory. The local news and weather forecasted snow totals have slowly been increasing since yesterday. At first it was a dusting at most. Then a dusting to a half inch. Then a half inch to an inch. And now up to 2 inches.IMG_0008.jpg

Nashville finally pulled the trigger on a winter weather advisory. The local news and weather forecasted snow totals have slowly been increasing since yesterday. At first it was a dusting at most. Then a dusting to a half inch. Then a half inch to an inch. And now up to 2 inches.View attachment 4448
Just make sure you wake up early so that you will see it before it melts. With temps between 45 and 50 tomorrow in North TN it will be a distant memory by afternoon.

I'll be driving through Kentucky tomorrow but I'm confident that with sunny skies and temps well above freezing the roads should be fine.

Just to show you how ------ the SHREF plumes are . Found this golden post in the MA thread LMAO
3c90674e58747a41d157982b63204e68.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jon
Back