• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

West Alabama was never really expected to get anything catastrophic. I am seeing some firing to the right of Carollton. Is this stuff reaching the ground? Its on radar over my house in Hoover but nothings falling from the sky...suns shinning brightly with blue skies. It has actually turned out to be a pretty beautiful day.

West Alabama was never really expected to get anything catastrophic. I am seeing some firing to the right of Carollton. Is this stuff reaching the ground? Its on radar over my house in Hoover but nothings falling from the sky...suns shinning brightly with blue skies. It has actually turned out to be a pretty beautiful day.
No, but people did expect more development than we have seen, given the setup. That, and the dry air is right on the tail of the showers trying to develop. A few tried in Tuscaloosa county, and they got eaten up fast.

Having a nice heavy rain shower now. Despite not really even having moderate thunderstorms, not too long ago it was so dark it was almost spooky for midday.

I'm not liking the look of the HRRR down this way over the next few hours.
Not liking the backwash here either (though thank God it's all we have to deal with on this end of the SE)
hrrr_ref_frzn_us_15.png

Sun's out here in Lawrenceville, GA. Clouds are are just flying by....and its gotten warmer since the rain ended. Will have to wait and see what happens!

Back