• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

Holycrap, tennis ball size hail likely?! That is one thing in my entire life that I have never seen is hail any larger than a dime or quarter. Thats a pretty serious watch, I'm right by that 3000 cape area! Its 81 degrees here right now

Not out of the woods until the front passes. Unfortunately I still see the worst has yet to come.

Oh, because of what I heard earlier, I'm definitely not calling the PDS tornado watch a total bust but at least in my case, part 2 might split my area as I said above. The serious stuff that did manage to develop out of the light rain tracked right to my north and the storms that have a history of being tornado producers might end up heading right to my south to wrap up this part.

There are some storms beginning to fire in Tennessee but I see none to the south. I'd be perfectly fine with part 2 not even being a major thunderstorm and there not being a part 3. That was what I was really worried about.

IMHO we've had enough down in the SE already this year (last update earlier today) -

2017_torww_to_date.png

If it's gonna develop it better hurry up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep the CU field is developing but still need a little kick. Most models didn't have a second line really getting going until about halfway across Al

Again I wouldn't call the PDS tornado watch a full on bust in Georgia/South Carolina but the rain that developed near Macon has helped hold it down somewhat.

Boy would it look bad for that other Tornado Watch that was JUST issued to have NO thunderstorms develop at all in some of it though.

It's cooled down here now. I think whatever tornado threat here might be over for now (thanks to that rain that developed) BUT....I do believe I might have a severe thunderstorm hit soon, going by HRRR (it does say that the line that did have a history of tornadoes will end up coming over me).

Back