Pattern November Knock-Out

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
About those cliff divers, when they start diving, they better not return when the cold returns back.o_O Phill is right, way to early to know how things will go.

This just feels too much like last year. Remember saying it’s only October/November when it was so warm, think we have all been hurt by winter so much we don’t trust winter anymore, she has played with our emotions so much we push her away so we are not hurt again, we will never learn to trust again. ;)

It's too early for us to even really tell what the entirety of November is going to look like. Period. I had a quick look and there really isn't correlation between a cold November=cold rest of the winter. In fact I remember there was one year recently in which November had some dang cold stretches but it was very warm rest of the winter.

I didn't think October was even going to have some cooler stretches the way it started...it did.

Those big temp swings give me a headache. I think part of the reason I had a headache when I got out of bed this morning was because my body knows that it's going to really drop after today.

I honestly wouldn't mind it being comfortably warm for a while to be honest.

Those big temp swings give me a headache. I think part of the reason I had a headache when I got out of bed this morning was because my body knows that it's going to really drop after today.

I honestly wouldn't mind it being comfortably warm for a while to be honest.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to the warmup too(70s tomorrow and Monday)... we'll have plenty of time for winter hopefully later lol

every update on weather underground keeps upping those temps next week... will be 80s/60s forecast by tomorrow. Hell, let's go for a 70+ low in November. Might as well root for something in Tennessee. (it sure isn't going to be the Vols anytime soon).

Last edited:
This just feels too much like last year. Remember saying it’s only October/November when it was so warm, think we have all been hurt by winter so much we don’t trust winter anymore, she has played with our emotions so much we push her away so we are not hurt again, we will never learn to trust again. ;)

I’m really not understanding all the negativity about how warm it’s going to be. This year feels nothing like last year as we’ve already had multiple cold fronts that have dropped temps well below normal for a number of days. Today will be the second day in a row where my temp doesn’t get above 45 degrees. My average high is 66 and I’ve had plenty of days that were below that when the avg high was even higher. Heck I remember the cold front that came in during September and I barely got to 60 for a high. We live in the south and so we are going to have big swings from hot to cold and from cold to hot. I think we are all overacting to every warm front the models show because of how bad it was last winter.

It's above average, but November's early slate already looks like an improvement from early last year, and honestly is very close to what would be the perfect tranquil weather. I'll settle for it ending up around average and it's too early to tell if whether it will be or not.