• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

Have to disagree. That wasn't a once in a thousand year set up! All it takes is one good banana high, and a weak gulf low! I was reading on it awhile back, I think the surface low was 1018 mb, or close to it. We may not see it again in our lifetime , but chances are we see something like it, before we see another superstorm '93

Indeed, Mack! Also, the 2/17-18/1979 storm was only down to 1018 mb in the Gulf. The 12/1917 storm was only down to 1020 mb. The great blizzard of 2/1899 was only down to 1017 mb. Usually the Arctic high to the north covers a large area and is normally initially at 1040+ mb just before precip gets going with these very weak lows.

Have to disagree. That wasn't a once in a thousand year set up! All it takes is one good banana high, and a weak gulf low! I was reading on it awhile back, I think the surface low was 1018 mb, or close to it. We may not see it again in our lifetime , but chances are we see something like it, before we see another superstorm '93
The thing is though, is that the 1988 snowstorm took a very rare track giving everyone from Memphis Tenn to the NC coast a big snow. Winter weather went very far south with this system. It's certain most of us see snow again, but just not from the same system. The stronger lows seem to be the way things are going now and they always tend to go north. Superstorm 93 was an exception, but it was too far north for me to get much out of it. I'd give anything if that had come in January instead of March and had tracked 75-100 miles farther south with the same strength. It would have taken upstate SC a month or more to dig out.

Maybe warmer than warmish...
528555b15c65eb1c41af2823c9757baa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Companys coming. Still a ways out but on the way. Meanwhile enjoy the normal ebbs and flows of November. Hopefully by the end of this month after the seasonal wavelengths begin to lock into winter season regime , we get handed a good pattern.
cursnow.gif

I think we've gotten to the point where even well above is not necessarily hot. I'd be more worried if we saw that look early this month or in September, otherwise, this is a marathon, not a sprint and I'll take my low to mid 70s and run away with it knowing it could be worse.

The GFS is fine until 288 temp wise and I'm hopeful that that goes away by the time it gets here. Because I've noticed that as late next week has drawn closer, it's gotten cooler and cooler.

Late next week I mean. Man was I mentally fatigued yesterday.

Last edited:
Don’t worry gang, after this weekend we can go ahead and apply the pre-emergent.

Don’t worry gang, after this weekend we can go ahead and apply the pre-emergent.

Who was the first one to come up with that line anyway? Seems like it was used a lot last winter. Just as long as nobody picks up a sled before winter starts we should be ok. ;)

Who was the first one to come up with that line anyway? Seems like it was used a lot last winter. Just as long as nobody picks up a sled before winter starts we should be ok. ;)

LMAO..... yeah we should call Costco and get his membership pulled https://m.costco.com/sleds.html

The GFS is fine until 288 temp wise and I'm hopeful that that goes away by the time it gets here. Because I've noticed that as late next week has drawn closer, it's gotten cooler and cooler.

Late next week I mean. Man was I mentally fatigued yesterday.

LMAO I think I jinxed us. Oh well...

Back